Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 140k Post apocalyptic dystopian adventure

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louis (new)

Louis | 4 comments Hi all

I'm looking for beta readers for my finished novel.

The post-apocalyptic adventure story (of around 140 000 words) is set a century into the future where the shrunken state rules one city, walled off from feral slums, and the pagan countryside beyond.  

We follow two brothers, one of whom is terminally ill, as they leave their remote village in desperate search of a cure, heading to the city that is to them little more than legend. Their relationship will be stretched to breaking point as they face hostile tribesmen, treacherous travelling companions, and the wreckage left behind by society’s collapse.

At the same time, we meet Alana, an inhabitant of the city, as she struggles to find her place in an indifferent society with values alien to her own. The brothers seek Alana's help in finding a cure, against the background of a burgeoning revolution, as the urban peasants try to overthrow their oppressive masters, the Sentinels, and their charismatic leader Raif.

If it sounds like your sort of thing, comment or message me and we can go from there

Thanks

Louis

message 2: by Si (new)

Si Clarke (clacksee) | 4 comments Louis wrote: "Hi all

I'm looking for beta readers for my finished novel.

The post-apocalyptic adventure story (of around 140 000 words) is set a century into the future where the shrunken state rules one city,..."

Hi Louis,

Would you be willing to swap a few chapters and see how we get on?

In short: My first book ended with my colonists leaving Earth for Mars in the middle of a deadly pandemic (yeah, I know).

This follow-up novel has 160 people (150 women and 10 men) working to create a new society while processing the trauma of their shared and individual losses.

Tagline: We can have fully automated luxury gay space communism when we find a supply of unlimited resources – until then, we’ll have to make do with partially automated social liberalism.

Thanks.
Si

message 3: by Louis (new)

Louis | 4 comments Sure sounds good. Do I need to have read the first book or does your new one stand alone?

Shall we swap 10k words and go from there?