What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA- book about boy's sister dying and him dealing with the grief

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 1 comments Hi all! So from what I can remember, the book is about a young boy-I think he’s 14- dealing with the death of his little sister. I believe she got into an accident or got lost in some tunnels. I remember tunnels being a big part of the book, like the boy goes searching in them I think. At one point the boy talks about seeing the light and his sister but he decides to stay in earth. I read this book when I was in middle school, so around 2007-2009. I know it won an award because I chose it off a list, but I have no clue what award it was. I believe the book was considered YA but it might have been children’s. I have been trying to find this book forever so any information would be great!

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2053 comments I don't have any specific suggestions but you could try browsing lists of winners of children's /teen fiction prizes, e.g. the Newbery Medal, the Michael L. Printz Award or the Carnegie Medal - those are some of the biggest / most famous awards.