New Books Readers&Authors discussion

Summer 2020 - June

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iulia (last edited May 13, 2020 05:54AM) (new)

Iulia (iuliadt) | 35 comments Mod
What books would you like to read this summer?
Given we're all one way or another giving up some traveling and some outdoors activities, perhaps reading might provide us with some compensation.

We'll read one book each month, chosen from your recommendations.
Let's try to recommend books until the 25th of each month , for the month to come, and use the last days of the month to vote on a poll between all suggested books!

message 2: by Iulia (new)

To break the ice, here's a book from my want-to-read shelf that might be a very nice read for this summer:
The Scent Keeper by Erica Bauermeister

The book promises to offer - from the description - an account of the relationship between man and nature, through the scents that "can reveal hidden truths, lead us to the person we seek, and even help us find our way back home". Depicting the coming-of-age of the main character, the book could be a great companion for a reader that uses the current gift of time to access new perspectives onto life in general.

message 3: by Ciprian (new)

Ciprian Dobre-Trifan (ciprian-dobretrifan) | 21 comments Mod
Here is my proposal from a recently discovered author, Elif Shafak:
The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak

It is a quest infused with Sufi mysticism and verse, taking us into an exotic world where faith and love are explored. The quest is inspired by a manuscript about the thirteenth-century Sufi poet Rumi and Shams of Tabriz, and his forty rules of life and love.

message 4: by Iulia (new)

The book The Scent Keeper by Erica Bauermeister was voted book pf the month!
Please post your review and opinions around the book here.
Happy reading!

message 5: by Iulia (new)

I've finished reading the Scent Keeper. It was a very colorful book, about womanhood and coming-of-age.
You can find my full review here