What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Report Card
This topic is about The Report Card
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA realistic fiction -- smart girl who hides her smartness. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 2 comments Hi, I am looking for a YA/children's chapter book that I read ~5 or so years ago that I found in my local library in Phoenix/school library.

What I remember: the book is about a very smart girl. When she was little she hid how smart she was because she didn't like being in the spotlight. Her sister was doing a puzzle, and she saw it and knew exactly how to do it. Her sister called their mom in to watch, but the girl didn't like that and didn't do the puzzle.

Later there is a scene where she is at preschool/kindergarten. She times herself with other kids to make sure she is working slow enough that the teacher won't make a big deal of herself.

The last part I remember is that one of her teachers this she may be smarter then she lets on, so has her tested. The girl is taken by surprise, and doesn't know what knowledge is grade level, so she gets every other question or so wrong, thinking that is good enough. However, it is actually a really high score, so everyone realises how smart she is. That is what I remember.

If you can help, thank you! If you can't help, sorry for using your time and thank you!

message 2: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 2 comments Hello, I solved it. It is the Report Card by Andrew Clements.