The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5093 comments There is a buddy read stating for 1984 by George Orwell. Please feel free to join the conversation and remember to use spoiler tags as needed.

1984 by George Orwell

The year 1984 has come and gone, but George Orwell's prophetic, nightmarish vision in 1949 of the world we were becoming is timelier than ever. 1984 is still the great modern classic of "negative utopia"—a startlingly original and haunting novel that creates an imaginary world that is completely convincing, from the first sentence to the last four words. No one can deny the novel's hold on the imaginations of whole generations, or the power of its admonitions—a power that seems to grow, not lessen, with the passage of time.

message 2: by Harshit (new)

Harshit Vyas | 19 comments Hey everyone. Can we begin on this Sunday?

message 3: by Azka (new)

Azka Ch (wickedwhite) | 7 comments Sunday is fine by me

message 4: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Rene (destinyrene) | 4 comments I'm sorry, I would like to join this conversation, but what is Sunday?

message 5: by Ipekincel (new)

Ipekincel | 2 comments 1984 is a well-written dystopian novel. It is both creepy and relatable at some points. Big Brother is watching you!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) A chore. I read it because a friend of mine really wanted someone to discuss it with. I had to push through. Nothing about this book really excited me at all.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

1984 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

George Orwell (other topics)