A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

Random fun stuff > Movies that ruined the book

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
I thought that although Divergent was a good movie, it left out a lot of content. One small point is I wish in the movies they explained the meaning of the tattoo Tris got, that each bird symbolised a member of her family that she left behind, and her romance with Four was wayyyy too smooth.

message 2: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
percy jackson... one of the worst movies i ever watched. i loved the books, but i can't stand the movies

message 3: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Lucy Tonks wrote: "percy jackson... one of the worst movies i ever watched. i loved the books, but i can't stand the movies"

I know, they didn't even capture the personality of the characters right

message 4: by Madison (new)

Madison Terwilliger ♥ (maddiementions) | 18 comments Lucy Tonks wrote: "percy jackson... one of the worst movies i ever watched. i loved the books, but i can't stand the movies"

I was literally going to say that and am so glad you did. The movies are SO unlike the books that its just straight up a sin lmao.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I never read the PJ books and I enjoy the movies😂. But for me the Shadowhunters show was not good. I disgust past half the first season.
They messed up many relationships and plot lines

message 6: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) And the acting was so cringey!

message 7: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

The way Clary was presented as some sort of fragile girl when she was brave and fierce and stubborn really annoyed me.

message 8: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Caine (lissandre) | 6 comments I had such high hopes for Shadowhunters because I love TMI... And eventually, I couldn't even finish the first season. And when I'd learnt how they messed up Sebastian and the whole ending... -_-

message 9: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I really liked the movie for the Hunger Games, but I just wish they made the bit in the arena longer. Call me crazy, but I wanted to see more of Katniss shooting and fighting other people.

message 10: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (last edited May 30, 2020 07:48AM) (new)

Twilight. Book was boring, movie made it worse for me

message 11: by Karina (new)

Karina Flores | 428 comments The Darkest Minds literally only had the very beginning and the very end somewhat correct. It was so disappointing I was cringing the whole movie because of how many things they changed.

message 12: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I saw the trailer for the Darkest Minds and that alone made me decide I wasn't watching it xd

message 13: by Karina (new)

Karina Flores | 428 comments Super smart choice I should’ve followed. The sad thing is I knew if I didn’t read the book I probably would’ve enjoyed it. Non readers are missing out

message 14: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 325 comments ...
We don't talk about the Percy Jackson movie

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sofia wrote: "...
We don't talk about the Percy Jackson movie"

Yes, the movie sucked and sucked and sucked some more.

message 16: by andrea (new)

andrea | 65 comments I’be put off watching the PJO adaptation because just looking into it I know it’ll be bad...but I did start Shadowhunters a few weeks ago. Fun fact: I started reading TMI because I wanted to watch Shadowhunters but decided I should read the book first. Let’s just say I ended up with a new series that I love, and a new series that I hate. I bet you can guess which is which.

message 17: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
andrea wrote: "I’be put off watching the PJO adaptation because just looking into it I know it’ll be bad...but I did start Shadowhunters a few weeks ago. Fun fact: I started reading TMI because I wanted to watch ..."

i agree, i totally agree

message 18: by ₦₳Ɽ₳ (new)

₦₳Ɽ₳ | 167 comments Lucy Tonks wrote: "percy jackson... one of the worst movies i ever watched. i loved the books, but i can't stand the movies"

Ikr, they got E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G WRONG

message 19: by Jin (new)

Jin Ryoo | 9 comments HighLadyNara7 wrote: "Lucy Tonks wrote: "percy jackson... one of the worst movies i ever watched. i loved the books, but i can't stand the movies"

Ikr, they got E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G WRONG"

So agree!

Harry Potter movies sucked too. I mean, Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling should get apologizes.

message 20: by andrea (new)

andrea | 65 comments I actually liked the Harry Potter movies but there were a lot of issues with them. Also, not to be controversial but I don’t think J.K. Rowling deserves an apology at the moment. 😀

message 21: by Fereshte (new)

Fereshte (thisismydesign99) | 8 comments Pines I's not a movie, it's a TV Show actually but it was no good in comparison to the books. I mean, this trilogy is one of my favorites but the TV Show was not good at all. Its potential was great but they ruined it

A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: *

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pines (other topics)