What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Long Nellie
This topic is about Long Nellie
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Book: lonely lady living in trailer finds kitten. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (last edited May 12, 2020 08:37PM) (new) - added it

Alyssa Evans (a-madwoman) | 3 comments A children's book that my Mom read to me I think around ages 10-12? Not sure that was the age range, but that's the age I received the book, which would have been 12-14 years ago.

The plot was pretty simple: A lonely woman, who wears many layers of colourful clothing, lives in a trailer by herself, and then finds a kitten. (Might be a puppy or a bird, but I am pretty sure it was a tiny white kitten.)

The art was really beautiful... like definitely not silly cartoons. It was ART. Like hand-painted.

I think the lady was suppose to be a romani woman? If not culturally, she was at least coded in that vibe.

I think the name of the book was the main character's name??

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16278 comments Was this a picture book or a child's novel?

About how many pages long?

message 3: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa Evans (a-madwoman) | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was this a picture book or a child's novel?

About how many pages long?"

I dont know page number, but it was a picture book! My mom remember's the name now, it was called "Long Nelly" but even now that I have the exact name I can't find it online anywhere!!!!!!

message 4: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa Evans (a-madwoman) | 3 comments LONG NELLIE* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got it haha

message 5: by Kris (last edited May 12, 2020 11:55PM) (new)

Kris | 33536 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Alyssa. Here's the link - Long Nellie by Deborah Turney Zagwyn.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Long Nellie (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Deborah Turney Zagwyn (other topics)