What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical (Regency?) Romance read in late 1990s/early 2000s. Heroine marries hero to pay off brother's debt. Couple is interested in ghosts, paranormal & solving mysteries. He likes to pick locks.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments I am looking for a historical romance where the heroine marries the hero to negate the money her brother owes him. The hero and heroine are both interested in ghosts and paranormal. Also the hero likes to open locks as in breaking in; in one scene he says his two fav things are her and locks. I also remember a scene where he walks in on her having a meeting with other woman about the paranormal. Also there is also something they are searching for but I cannot remember what it is.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Sandy, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

Are the couple rich and aristocratic?

Do ghosts appear?

What is the story's time period and location?

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments I read this book late 90s/early 2000s. The hero is rich but before the woman weds him, she is on the poorer side but intellectual. I don’t remember ghosts appearing but I think they were both fascinated that they might exist and that life on other planets might exist. They both love investigating and solving mysteries. I can’t remember the exact time period of the book but I want to say the Regency period.
Does this help at all??? Lol

message 4: by Kris (new)

I added more plot details to the topic header and rephrased it a bit so it's not mistaken for a paranormal romance. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★ | 137 comments Might possibly be an Amanda Quick - she has a few regency romances that are along a similar theme of solving mysteries etc.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 26 comments Thanks Kris and Thanks SamJ I will look at Amanda Quick

message 7: by Kris (new)

Link for author Amanda Quick

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amanda Quick (other topics)