Literary Alliance discussion

June 2020 - Evelyn Hugo > Day 2 (6/2) Pg 59-113 (Photo Moment Nov. 2, 1959)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna - (new)

Brianna - Four Paws and a Book (coffeebooksandbulletjournals) | 14 comments Mod
Discussion on Day 2's reading. My copy is page 59-113. Read to Photo Moment November 2, 1959 - Life of the Party Girl.

message 2: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Graham (horriblestgremlin) | 9 comments Mod
just finished day 2s section, what are your thoughts? I really am enjoying diving a little deeper into Evelyn's life. how much she's already faced for sake of fame but also for her desire to have real connections. this is a second reread and so hard it's hitting just as good, if not better, than the first time around.

message 3: by Kylie (new)

so far**

message 4: by Kylie (new)

so many things that Evelyn has said just ring so true to me. and I keep finding myself wanting to have a highliter in reach but I don't. I'll definitely go back and mark it when I do! in this section we really explore her time with Don Adler and her meeting a new friend, not a fake Hollywood friend for the cameras, but someone she can be her real, pre Hollywood, self with. it's really endearing.

message 5: by Krystle (new)

Krystle (pinkberryoasis) | 4 comments Mod
I agree. It's very interesting how close she became to Don and meeting to her who was the first friend that she could count on. A lot of people in Hollywood probably don't have that - sadly. Also, not a lot of people that AREN'T in Hollywood have that same feeling.