Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Solution doesn't conform to the rules posted

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Cooper | 1 comments I officially severed ties with Archway Publishing for Bluebell Skinks Wheelchair Kid. I have a new ISBN number for a 2nd edition with a new publisher, although the cover looks the same. The GR's book page is not allowing me to edit it ( no permissions from Archway I guess) so I need to start fresh. I have the documentation that Archway is out of the picture.
I read the librarian guidelines and realize that I'm not supposed to post a second edition as a new book but I want to be able to edit the details on the Goodreads book page. Can we delete the first edition so I can post the correct and valid new ISBN and actually be able to edit the GR page? the old Isbn is 978148087245 pub March 2019 and the new isbn is 9781948747707 pub. May 2020. Thank you for your help. After reading the Librarian Guildelines, it seemed as though this issue may be an exception to the rule regarding new editions.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6912 comments I think you just need to add another edition with the new ISBN. GR doesn't remove books that have been published. Please do not edit an existing edition.

message 3: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 151 comments I have moved the book to your profile. But please do not edit any details. You can now add your new edition

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44644 comments Mod
Liz wrote: "After reading the Librarian Guildelines, it seemed as though this issue may be an exception to the rule regarding new editions."

It's not. You would add a new edition (use the " Add a New Edition" link on the book's page (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...)) with all the details of the May 2020 edition. You can then set the new edition as the default, which will show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...