Clean Romance Book Group. discussion

BOTM > Suggestions!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Ruby Rose | 1151 comments Mod
This is AnnabethChase's domain so I am out!

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Hello everyone! Does anyone have any suggestions for a book? Please post it here or PM me! I will create a poll with all the suggestions later and we will vote on it! Also, this is not mandatory, so if you can't get access to a book or don't want to participate, you don't have to. However, I highly reccomend it. I think it will be fun!

message 3: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 613 comments Mod
Does the recommendation have to be a clean romance novel? If so, I suggest anything by Kasie West.

message 4: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (last edited May 12, 2020 07:59PM) (new)

Just Ella by Annette K. Larson, Little Women, Making Faces by Amy Harmon, The Host, also possibly anything by Sarah Dessen.
If it must be clean, can there be an exception of swear words?

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments I think a little swearing is fine, but if it is swearing like every other page, I'm going to say no. Rudy, is that ok?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think nicola Yoon has good books and a lil swearing
everything everything
the sun is also a star

message 7: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Yes, I agree!

message 8: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Um... It needs to be clean, I have read Everything Everything and it wasn't clean. A little swearing is fine, I would say 1-3 words per book is fine. If it goes over that make sure to put that on the poll.

message 9: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Okay!

message 10: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

-On The Fence
-The Unexpected Everything

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

oh okay! i think it has been a long time since i read it

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

can anyone invite me to any Rick Riordan group

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Yeah! I have one!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Everyone keeps on saying Kasie West, but I have never read any of her books. Could someone please give me a name of o few good books she has wrote?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

AnnabethChase wrote: "Everyone keeps on saying Kasie West, but I have never read any of her books. Could someone please give me a name of o few good books she has wrote?"

Yes Please!

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments I created the poll, but I will edit it, and add books if I get more suggestions. Also, please give me a book by Kasie West!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

how do I follow the BOTM challenge

message 19: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Sent you a bunch.

message 20: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

message 21: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Akhila wrote: "how do I follow the BOTM challenge"

I don't think you can. If you have notifications it will tell you when there is a poll to vote on. Where you get invited to groups I think has a spot that shows you what we are reading so you can check that as well.

message 22: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just curious.....When are we going to start reading the BOTM?

message 23: by La Tonya , Virtual Silent Book Club Mod (new)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

can anyone send the download link for the fill in

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

boyfriend

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments The book of the month is........ On the Fence! I am really excited to red this, I never have before! Also, I was thinking we could start reading it the first day of June, so everyone can have the chance to get he book, but if you guys want to start reading earlier that's fine too. What are you guys thinking?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

https://www.pdfdrive.com/on-the-fence...
if u want the link it can be downloaded here

message 28: by La Tonya , Virtual Silent Book Club Mod (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 191 comments Mod
AnnabethChase wrote: "The book of the month is........ On the Fence! I am really excited to red this, I never have before! Also, I was thinking we could start reading it the first day of June, so everyone can have the c..."

I agree with you. We can officially start reading the book in June as the June's BOTM. For members who can obtain the book earlier or have the time can start now. I think you should post a thread for the BOTM now to let members express their thoughts. Enjoy Reading, 📚

message 29: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

La Tonya wrote: "AnnabethChase wrote: "The book of the month is........ On the Fence! I am really excited to red this, I never have before! Also, I was thinking we could start reading it the first day of June, so e..."

I agree! I think since we have already started this month that would be better.

message 30: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

On The Fence to me seems like a really fast read, we could start it in June, but we could possibly finish it in the rest of May.

message 31: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 3 comments I just read Not All You Need is Love by D.R. Morassutti which I loved and totally recommend for quarantine read and I will be reading The Unforgettable Summer (Unforgettable Series #1) by Nikki A. Lamers which is also a love story that a friend recommended.

message 32: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Cool, thanks! If you would like to recommend more good books, please comment under the topic "Recommend a book to someone (or ask for one)!"

message 33: by D.L. (new)

D.L. I would love to read and discuss The Princess Diaries. There seem to be a number of YA members in the group so it fits.

message 34: by capybara (new)

capybara (siri2003) might i suggest Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum for BOTM of july...i read it a few weeks ago and it is a light read. it also has a Kasie West vibe to it which makes all the more enjoyable and appropriate for this group

message 35: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Oo, I would like to read that one! I think we should keep that one in mind :)

message 36: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Tell Me Three Things should feature in the poll, methinks.

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Ok, so the results from the poll are in! There were ten votes for both The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, and Little Womenby Luisa May Alcott! You can read them both, or you can read just one, or you don't have to read either! I think that we should do it a little more organized than last time too, so starting next week I will ask a question a day from The Fill-In Boyfriend and then depending on how many days are left in July, I will do it for Little Women too! If there's not many, then we will do Little Women in August! If anyone has any questions, please message me!

message 38: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I am going to start discussion spots! (If you didn't already... I am also going to add them to currently reading and take off On the fence.)

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Ok, thanks Ruby!

message 40: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Done!

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Hey guys! For the August BOTM I will be putting up a poll soon for if we wanna keep reading The Fill in Boyfriend and Little Women, sense we had two, or if we wanna get a new book!

message 42: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Do you already have options?

daughterofathenacarli | 89 comments Becca da wrote: "Do you already have options?"

I was just gonna put in the ones from the last times. if you have any other pls tell me

message 44: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

The Upside of Falling, Tweet Cute (I think), and The Healer's Apprentice

message 45: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

Tweet cute is clean!

message 46: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Okay! I don't have a very good memory lol

message 47: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I just looked it up... my brain does that to me too.

message 48: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

I put out a poll! Please vote on it or add some books!

message 49: by Becca da, Romance Reader Becca! (new)

Okay, yay!

message 50: by Ruby Rose, Small Blessings Count :) (new)

September BOTM is dun-dun-duhhh (view spoiler) !

« previous 1