2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
This topic is about A Merciful Secret
A Merciful Secret > Question I

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5975 comments Mod
We learn that Salome adopted Morrigan. Before that was revealed, were you considering any others in the story to be her biological father? Was the author leading you in that direction?

message 2: by Robin (last edited May 12, 2020 06:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1325 comments I thought the author was leading us to think that Christian was Morrigan's father. It wasn't clear if Salome and Christian were good friends or more.

Don’t laugh but I was initially worried that she might be Truman’s, too, in addition to Christian’s. Yes, the author was leading us there, IMO.

message 4: by Sharon (last edited May 14, 2020 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1880 comments Jonetta wrote: "Don’t laugh but I was initially worried that she might be Truman’s, too, in addition to Christian’s. Yes, the author was leading us there, IMO."

Me too Jonetta. I was waiting for that shoe to fall, and a big breakup with Mercy.

Okay, so I wasn’t completely off the rails😏

Robin (robinmy) | 1325 comments I'm so glad the author didn't go with that storyline.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 674 comments Jonetta wrote: "Don’t laugh but I was initially worried that she might be Truman’s, too, in addition to Christian’s. Yes, the author was leading us there, IMO."

Oh me too Jonetta! I was busy doing the maths but I quickly worked out that Truman's dalliance with Salome was two decades before. Till we had the reveal scene I did think he probably slept with her. Worth noting that even though nothing happened he must have still felt uncomfortable about it because he never disclosed it to Mercy.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 674 comments I thought maybe Christian was gay as it was made mention by a character (not sure if it was Mercy or Ava) about why some woman hadn't snapped Christian up as he was such a catch. And it is unusual for a man and woman to have such a close friendship without sex getting in the way.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Oh me too Jonetta! I was busy doing the maths but I quickly worked out that Truman's dalliance with Salome was two decades before. Till we had the reveal scene I did think he probably slept with her. Worth noting that even though nothing happened he must have still felt uncomfortable about it because he never disclosed it to Mercy...."

I noticed his reluctance in telling Mercy about the extent of his involvement with Salome and it did make me think there was more there.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1880 comments Jonetta wrote: "Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Oh me too Jonetta! I was busy doing the maths but I quickly worked out that Truman's dalliance with Salome was two decades before. Till we had the reveal scene I did th..."

Me too. Secrets aren't Truman's style. It worried me that he didn't talk to Mercy especially since Secrets is part of the title.