The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > Musician: Madonna

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 36384 comments Mod
A BIG THANK YOU to Jessica for writing this challenge!!!

Musician: Madonna
Duration: May 15, 2020- July 14, 2020

You may use the tasks as many times as you wish.

80-decibels-font

Madonna

Love her or hate her, Madonna is one of the most recognized and sold musical artists in the world.

Choose your level:
Lucky Star: 2-5 tasks
True Blue: 6-10 tasks
Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks

🎼 Madonna Louise Ciccone was born in Bay City, Michigan, on August 16, 1958. Her father's parents were Italian emigrants from Pacentro, while her mother was of French-Canadian descent. Since Madonna had the same name as her mother; family members called her "Little Nonni". Madonna later commented about her name, "How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.” She has two older brothers, Anthony and Martin, and three younger siblings, Paula, Christopher, and Melanie. She was raised in the Detroit suburbs of Pontiac and Avon Township (now Rochester Hills). Her mother died of breast cancer at age 30 on December 1, 1963, which had a significant impact on Madonna’s formative years.
🎼1. Read a book that takes place in Michigan OR a book with a character that is Italian, French or Canadian.
🎼2. Read a book with siblings OR read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.

🎼 In 1966, Madonna’s dad, Tony, married the family's housekeeper Joan Gustafson. They had two children, Jennifer and Mario. Madonna resented her father for getting remarried, and began rebelling against him, which strained their relationship for many years afterward. Madonna maintained a high grade point average, but still achieved notoriety for her unconventional behavior. Madonna's father put her in classical piano lessons, but she later convinced him to allow her to take ballet lessons. In high school she became a straight-A student and a member of the cheerleading squad. After graduating, she received a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan. At the age of 19, Madonna began studying dance, but, in 1978, dropped out of college and relocated to New York City. Madonna said of her move to New York, "It was the first time I'd ever taken a plane, the first time I'd ever gotten a taxi cab. I came here with $35 in my pocket. It was the bravest thing I'd ever done."
🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character OR read a book that has a character that is a dancer.
🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character OR read a book that involves a character getting remarried.

🎼 While performing as a backup singer and dancer for the French disco artist Patrick Hernandez on his 1979 world tour, Madonna became involved with several different musicians and bands, but eventually she later decided to promote herself as a solo act. Madonna had a few small singles released before 1982, but it wasn’t until her album Madonna, that she really took off. With the help of a boyfriend, Madonna remixed one of her songs, which would later become “Holiday,” her first international top-ten hit. The overall sound of Madonna was in the form of upbeat synthetic disco, using some of the new technology of the time, like the Linn drum machine and the OB-X synthesizer. "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" were two top-ten singles. In June 1986, Madonna released her third studio album, True Blue. Rolling Stone was impressed with the effort, writing that the album "sound[s] as if it comes from the heart". Five singles were released—"Live to Tell", "Papa Don't Preach", "True Blue", "Open Your Heart", and "La Isla Bonita"—all of which reached number one in the US or the UK. The album topped the charts in 28 countries worldwide, an unprecedented achievement at the time, and remains Madonna's best-selling studio album, with sales of 25 million copies. True Blue was featured in the 1992 edition of Guinness World Records as the best-selling album by a woman of all time.
🎼5. Read a book that takes place or was written in the 1980s OR read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday or celebrates holiday.
🎼6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings. Some examples: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...
🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover OR read a book with a musical instrument on the cover.

🎼 Madonna's look and style of dressing, her performances, and her music videos influenced young girls and women. Her style became one of the female fashion trends of the 1980s. Madonna's popularity continued to rise globally with the release of her second studio album, Like a Virgin, in November 1984. Like a Virgin became the very first album by a female to sell over five million copies in the U.S. The album's title track served as its first single, and topped the Hot 100 chart for six consecutive weeks. It attracted the attention of conservative organizations who complained that the song and its accompanying video promoted premarital sex and undermined family values, and moralists sought to have the song and video banned. Madonna received huge media coverage for her performance of "Like a Virgin" at the first 1984 MTV Video Music Awards. Wearing a wedding dress and white gloves, Madonna appeared on stage atop a giant wedding cake and then rolled around suggestively on the floor. MTV retrospectively considered it one of the "most iconic" pop performances of all time.
🎼8. Read a book with clothing on the cover OR read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA.
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged. Some ideas here: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/fr... OR read a book that has a wedding in it.

🎼In addition to music and dancing, Madonna is also an actress. In 1992, Madonna starred in A League of Their Own as Mae Mordabito, a baseball player on an all-women's team. It reached number one on the box-office and became the tenth highest-grossing film of the year in the U.S. She recorded the film's theme song, "This Used to Be My Playground", which became her tenth Hot 100 number-one hit, the most by any female artist at the time. The same year, she founded her own entertainment company, Maverick, consisting of a record company, a film production company, and associated music publishing, television broadcasting, book publishing and merchandising divisions. The deal was a joint venture with Time Warner and paid Madonna an advance of $60 million. It gave her 20% royalties from the music proceedings, the highest rate in the industry at the time, equaled only by Michael Jackson's royalty rate established a year earlier with Sony.
🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count OR read a sports book.
🎼11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.: https://www.blinn.edu/nontraditional-...)

🎼 In the 1996 musical, Evita, Madonna played the title role of Eva Perón. For a long time, Madonna had desired to play Perón and wrote to director Alan Parker to explain why she would be perfect for the part. She said later, "This is the role I was born to play. I put everything of me into this because it was much more than a role in a movie. It was exhilarating and intimidating at the same time. And I am prouder of Evita than anything else I have done." After securing the role, she had vocal training and learned about the history of Argentina and Perón. After Evita's release in December 1996, Madonna's performance was praised by film critics. Zach Conner from Time magazine commented, "It's a relief to say that Evita is pretty damn fine, well cast and handsomely visualized. Madonna once again confounds our expectations." Madonna won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for the role.
🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence OR read a book by a female author.
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie. Some ideas here: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/... OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.

🎼 Madonna is one of the wealthiest women in the music business, with an estimated net worth between US$590 million to $800 million. She has sold more than 300 million records worldwide. The Guinness World Records acknowledged her as the best-selling female recording artist of all time. Madonna remains the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time, and Madonna has also won seven Grammy Awards and twenty MTV Video Music Awards.
According to Billboard, Madonna is the most successful solo artist in the Hot 100 chart history (second overall behind the Beatles). She has also scored 38 top-ten singles on the Hot 100, more than any other artist in history. Madonna has acted in numerous movies, as well as directed two movies. Additionally, Madonna has started several fashion brands as well as several charitable foundations.
🎼14. Read a book that has two of the following numbers in the page count: 0, 5, 8, 9 OR read a standalone.
🎼15. Read a book that has a character or author named Miranda, Dolly or Carrie OR read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna...

🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼
Challenge Rules
*Please post a partial list of the challenge when you sign up.
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.

*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge

(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)

Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.

message 2: by JoAnne (last edited Aug 05, 2020 04:56PM) (new)

80-decibels-font

Amanda A FINISHED

Anne FINISHED

Barbara ★ FINISHED

DenXXX FINISHED

Ferenc FINISHED

Frankie FINISHED

Genevieve FINISHED

Grace FINISHED

Jessica FINISHED

JoAnne FINISHED

Kathryn FINISHED

Kay FINISHED

Kellene FINISHED

Kendra FINISHED

Melanie

Rina FINISHED

Sandra FINISHED

Shash FINISHED

Suzanne

Tari FINISHED

Vanessa FINISHED

message 3: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jul 23, 2020 10:39AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2499 comments Musician: Madonna
Duration: May 15 - July 14, 2020
Level: True Blue: 6-10 tasks

READ: 14/8

✔️🎼 Madonna Louise Ciccone was born in Bay City, Michigan, on August 16, 1958. Her father's parents were Italian emigrants from Pacentro, while her mother was of French-Canadian descent. Since Madonna had the same name as her mother; family members called her "Little Nonni". Madonna later commented about her name, "How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.” She has two older brothers, Anthony and Martin, and three younger siblings, Paula, Christopher, and Melanie. She was raised in the Detroit suburbs of Pontiac and Avon Township (now Rochester Hills). Her mother died of breast cancer at age 30 on December 1, 1963, which had a significant impact on Madonna’s formative years.
🎼1. Read a book that takes place in Michigan OR a book with a character that is Italian, French or Canadian.
Spawned By The Dragon - Amira Rain 5/16
🎼2. Read a book with siblings OR read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Everything's Relative - Jenna McCarthy (3 MCs are sisters) 5/15
Spawned By The Dragon (The Spawned, #1) by Amira Rain Everything's Relative by Jenna McCarthy

✔️🎼 In 1966, Madonna’s dad, Tony, married the family's housekeeper Joan Gustafson. They had two children, Jennifer and Mario. Madonna resented her father for getting remarried, and began rebelling against him, which strained their relationship for many years afterward. Madonna maintained a high grade point average, but still achieved notoriety for her unconventional behavior. Madonna's father put her in classical piano lessons, but she later convinced him to allow her to take ballet lessons. In high school she became a straight-A student and a member of the cheerleading squad. After graduating, she received a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan. At the age of 19, Madonna began studying dance, but, in 1978, dropped out of college and relocated to New York City. Madonna said of her move to New York, "It was the first time I'd ever taken a plane, the first time I'd ever gotten a taxi cab. I came here with $35 in my pocket. It was the bravest thing I'd ever done."
🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character OR read a book that has a character that is a dancer.
Bentley - M.L. Young 5/31
🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character OR read a book that involves a character getting remarried.
Sword and Pen - Rachel Caine (Jess Brightwell) 6/14
Bentley (Hawthorne Brothers Book One) by M.L. Young Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5) by Rachel Caine

✔️🎼 While performing as a backup singer and dancer for the French disco artist Patrick Hernandez on his 1979 world tour, Madonna became involved with several different musicians and bands, but eventually she later decided to promote herself as a solo act. Madonna had a few small singles released before 1982, but it wasn’t until her album Madonna, that she really took off. With the help of a boyfriend, Madonna remixed one of her songs, which would later become “Holiday,” her first international top-ten hit. The overall sound of Madonna was in the form of upbeat synthetic disco, using some of the new technology of the time, like the Linn drum machine and the OB-X synthesizer. "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" were two top-ten singles. In June 1986, Madonna released her third studio album, True Blue. Rolling Stone was impressed with the effort, writing that the album "sound[s] as if it comes from the heart". Five singles were released—"Live to Tell", "Papa Don't Preach", "True Blue", "Open Your Heart", and "La Isla Bonita"—all of which reached number one in the US or the UK. The album topped the charts in 28 countries worldwide, an unprecedented achievement at the time, and remains Madonna's best-selling studio album, with sales of 25 million copies. True Blue was featured in the 1992 edition of Guinness World Records as the best-selling album by a woman of all time.
🎼5. Read a book that takes place or was written in the 1980s OR read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday or celebrates holiday.
Valentine Murder - Leslie Meier (Valentine's Day) 5/17
🎼6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings. Some examples: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...
The Martian - Andy Weir 5/23
🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover OR read a book with a musical instrument on the cover.
The Magestaff - Cordelia Castel 5/25
Valentine Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5) by Leslie Meier The Martian by Andy Weir The Magestaff (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Cordelia Castel

✔️🎼 Madonna's look and style of dressing, her performances, and her music videos influenced young girls and women. Her style became one of the female fashion trends of the 1980s. Madonna's popularity continued to rise globally with the release of her second studio album, Like a Virgin, in November 1984. Like a Virgin became the very first album by a female to sell over five million copies in the U.S. The album's title track served as its first single, and topped the Hot 100 chart for six consecutive weeks. It attracted the attention of conservative organizations who complained that the song and its accompanying video promoted premarital sex and undermined family values, and moralists sought to have the song and video banned. Madonna received huge media coverage for her performance of "Like a Virgin" at the first 1984 MTV Video Music Awards. Wearing a wedding dress and white gloves, Madonna appeared on stage atop a giant wedding cake and then rolled around suggestively on the floor. MTV retrospectively considered it one of the "most iconic" pop performances of all time.
🎼8. Read a book with clothing on the cover OR read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA.
Mermaid's Destiny - Mira Crest 5/15
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged. Some ideas here: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/fr... OR read a book that has a wedding in it.
Brighter Than the Sun - Julia Quinn 5/30
Mermaid's Destiny (Meragon, #1) by Mira Crest Brighter Than the Sun (The Lyndon Sisters, #2) by Julia Quinn

✔️🎼In addition to music and dancing, Madonna is also an actress. In 1992, Madonna starred in A League of Their Own as Mae Mordabito, a baseball player on an all-women's team. It reached number one on the box-office and became the tenth highest-grossing film of the year in the U.S. She recorded the film's theme song, "This Used to Be My Playground", which became her tenth Hot 100 number-one hit, the most by any female artist at the time. The same year, she founded her own entertainment company, Maverick, consisting of a record company, a film production company, and associated music publishing, television broadcasting, book publishing and merchandising divisions. The deal was a joint venture with Time Warner and paid Madonna an advance of $60 million. It gave her 20% royalties from the music proceedings, the highest rate in the industry at the time, equaled only by Michael Jackson's royalty rate established a year earlier with Sony.
The Final Fight - JD Salsbury (acrobatics) 6/3
🎼11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.: https://www.blinn.edu/nontraditional-...)
Courting Darkness - Robin LaFevers 6/2
The Final Fight (Fighting, #7) by J.B. Salsbury Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #1) by Robin LaFevers

✔️🎼 In the 1996 musical, Evita, Madonna played the title role of Eva Perón. For a long time, Madonna had desired to play Perón and wrote to director Alan Parker to explain why she would be perfect for the part. She said later, "This is the role I was born to play. I put everything of me into this because it was much more than a role in a movie. It was exhilarating and intimidating at the same time. And I am prouder of Evita than anything else I have done." After securing the role, she had vocal training and learned about the history of Argentina and Perón. After Evita's release in December 1996, Madonna's performance was praised by film critics. Zach Conner from Time magazine commented, "It's a relief to say that Evita is pretty damn fine, well cast and handsomely visualized. Madonna once again confounds our expectations." Madonna won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for the role.
🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence OR read a book by a female author.
A Death at the Yoga Café - Michelle Kelly 5/15
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie.
The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan 6/10
A Death at the Yoga Café (Keeley Carpenter #2) by Michelle Kelly The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan

🎼 Madonna is one of the wealthiest women in the music business, with an estimated net worth between US$590 million to $800 million. She has sold more than 300 million records worldwide. The Guinness World Records acknowledged her as the best-selling female recording artist of all time. Madonna remains the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time, and Madonna has also won seven Grammy Awards and twenty MTV Video Music Awards.
According to Billboard, Madonna is the most successful solo artist in the Hot 100 chart history (second overall behind the Beatles). She has also scored 38 top-ten singles on the Hot 100, more than any other artist in history. Madonna has acted in numerous movies, as well as directed two movies. Additionally, Madonna has started several fashion brands as well as several charitable foundations.
🎼14. Read a book that has two of the following numbers in the page count: 0, 5, 8, 9 OR read a standalone.
Kill Creek - Scott Thomas 5/20
🎼15. Read a book that has a character or author named Miranda, Dolly or Carrie OR read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert.
Kill Creek by Scott Thomas

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 4: by Sandra (last edited Jul 09, 2020 05:36PM) (new)

Sandra | 1009 comments I'M IN!

Fighting Back - K.J. Thomas (Siblings) - 8 JUNE
I, Michael Bennett - James Patterson (Title) - 13 JUNE
Fighting Back (Moretti Siblings #2) by K.J. Thomas I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, #5) by James Patterson

Ultimate Temptations - K. Anne (High school) - 20 JUNE
Ultimate Temptations by K. Anne

Rock and Roll Never Forgets - Barbara S. Stewart (Set In The 80's) - 9 JUNE
Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1) by Barbara S. Stewart

🎼6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings.
The ABC Murders - Agatha Christie (90,981 ratings) - 4 JUNE
Red Sparrow - Jason Matthews (Won Award) - 10 JUNE
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden (1,687,198 ratings) - 7 JULY
The ABC Murders (Hercule Poirot, #13) by Agatha Christie Red Sparrow (Red Sparrow Trilogy, #1) by Jason Matthews Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Forever In My Heart: The Story Of My Battle Against Cancer - Jade Goody (Blue Cover) - 8 JUNE
No Escape - K.J. Thomas (Musical Instrument on the cover) - 11 JUNE
Forever In My Heart The Story Of My Battle Against Cancer by Jade Goody No Escape (Moretti Siblings #3) by K.J. Thomas

Death in the Clouds - Agatha Christie (Letter in Madonna) - 22 MAY
All Necessary Force - Brad Taylor (Letter in Madonna) - 24 MAY
My Sinful Desire - Lauren Blakely (Clothing) - 16 JUNE
Text 2 Lovers - K. Webster (Clothing) - 19 JUNE
Death in the Clouds (Hercule Poirot, #12) by Agatha Christie All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2) by Brad Taylor My Sinful Desire (Sinful Men #2) by Lauren Blakely Text 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #1) by K. Webster

Doctor Zhivago - Boris Pasternak (Banned) - 23 MAY
Hot SEAL, Cold Beer - Cynthia D'Alba (Wedding) - 4 JUNE
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak Hot SEAL, Cold Beer (SEALs in Paradise) by Cynthia D'Alba

Black Tie - Lynn Raye Harris (325 pgs) - 3 JUNE
Rafe - Sawyer Bennett (Sports book) - 15 JUNE
Black Tie (Black's Bandits #2) by Lynn Raye Harris Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5) by Sawyer Bennett

From Sand and Ash - Amy Harmon (Historical Fiction) - 30 MAY
From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon

Beautiful Vengeance - Kaylea Cross (Female Author) - 18 MAY
The Darkest Corner - Liliana Hart (Outside my country) - 25 MAY
Hot SEAL, Rusty Nail - Teresa J. Reasor (Female Author) - 10 JUNE
Fractured Ties: Boykov Bratva - Bethany-Kris (Female Author) - 12 JUNE
Beautiful Vengeance (Vengeance, #5) by Kaylea Cross The Darkest Corner (Gravediggers #1) by Liliana Hart Hot SEAL, Rusty Nail (SEALs In Paradise) by Teresa J. Reasor Fractured Ties Boykov Bratva by Bethany-Kris

🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie. OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.
Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan (Movie) - 18 MAY
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Alexander Freed (Movie) - 19 MAY
Never Go Back - Lee Child (Movie) - 22 MAY
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan Rogue One A Star Wars Story (Star Wars Novelizations, #3.5) by Alexander Freed Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, #18) by Lee Child

Pitch Dark - A.M. Wilson (Standalone) - 1 JUNE
Thanks for Nothing - Jack Dee (Standalone) - 13 JUNE
Pitch Dark by A.M. Wilson Thanks for Nothing by Jack Dee

One Night Only - Lauren Blakely (Goes to concert) - 11 JUNE
One Night Only by Lauren Blakely

message 5: by Kendra (last edited Jul 14, 2020 07:59PM) (new)

Kendra | 816 comments Musician: Madonna
Duration: May 15th, 2020 - July 14th, 2020

35/15

Take Us To Your Chief And Other Stories by Drew Hayden Taylor Take Us To Your Chief And Other Stories by Drew Hayden Taylor - July 2nd
Canadian
Up and Down by Terry Fallis Up and Down by Terry Fallis - July 7th
Canadian.
Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5) by Jaye Wells Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells - May 19th
Siblings.
Chaos Reigning (Consortium Rebellion, #3) by Jessie Mihalik Chaos Reigning by Jessie Mihalik - June 3rd
Siblings.
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire Middlegame by Seanan McGuire - July 12th
Siblings
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood #1) by Becky Albertalli Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - May 31st
Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood #2) by Becky Albertalli Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli - June 2nd
The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1) by Rob Thomas The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas - June 28th
Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5) by Becky Albertalli Love, Creekwood by Becky Albertalli - July 4th
Wolf's Bane (Otherworld Kate and Logan, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Wolf's Bane by Kelley Armstrong - July 13th
Wolf's Curse (Otherworld Stories #13.9) by Kelley Armstrong Wolf's Curse by Kelley Armstrong - July 14th
A Left-Handed History of the World by Ed Wright A Left-Handed History of the World by Ed Wright - June 22nd
The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner - June 29th
Remarried
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling - June 11th
Christmas.
Homicide A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon - June 23rd
🎼6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that has a high number of ratings.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling - May 24th
Recipe for Persuasion (The Rajes, #2) by Sonali Dev Recipe for Persuasion by Sonali Dev - June 4th
Firefly The Magnificent Nine by James Lovegrove Firefly: The Magnificent Nine by James Lovegrove - June 5th
Jayne's Hat.
Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5) by Martha Wells Network Effect by Martha Wells - June 8th
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged OR read a book that has a wedding in it.
The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa - May 27th
Persepolis 2 The Story of a Return (Persepolis, #2) by Marjane Satrapi Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return - June 29th
Banned book.
Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4) by Martha Wells Exit Strategy by Martha Wells - May 23rd
172 pages.
🎼11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.
Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev - June 9th
MC is a neurosurgeon.
Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2) by Heather Morris Cilka's Journey by Heather Morris - July 8th
The Lady from the Black Lagoon Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick by Mallory O'Meara The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick by Mallory O'Meara - July 10th
Ebola The Natural and Human History of a Deadly Virus by David Quammen Ebola: The Natural and Human History of a Deadly Virus by David Quammen - May 18th
Set in Africa.
Herding Cats (Sarah's Scribbles, #3) by Sarah Andersen Herding Cats by Sarah Andersen - June 23rd
Persuasion by Jane Austen Persuasion by Jane Austen - June 30th
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The Original Screenplay (Fantastic Beasts The Original Screenplay, #1) by J.K. Rowling Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling - May 28th
Scams, Scandals, and Skulduggery a Selection of the World's Most Outrageous Frauds by Andreas Schroeder Scams, Scandals, and Skulduggery: a Selection of the World's Most Outrageous Frauds by Andreas Schroeder - May 29th
The Ghost Map The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic - and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World by Steven Johnson The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic - and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World by Steven Johnson - June 7th
The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick - June 17th
Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling - July 3rd
The Hot Zone The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus by Richard Preston The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus by Richard Preston - May 21st
Stand alone book.
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - June 14th
Concert

message 6: by Amanda A (last edited Jul 05, 2020 05:20PM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 381 comments Musician: Madonna
Express Yourself: 15/15

Wicked Season by Lily Harper Hart 5/31 {Michigan}
A Fountain Filled with Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming 5/19
Diamonds by K.A. Linde 6/3
Ruin by Samantha Towle 5/16
Sugar Pine Trail by RaeAnne Thayne 5/23
🎼6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings.
Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts 6/6
For Love of the Duke by Christi Caldwell 5/18
For Love of the Duke (The Heart of a Duke, #1) by Christi Caldwell
The One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate 5/31
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged. OR read a book that has a wedding in it.
Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee 5/20
UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn 5/17 {228 pages}
🎼11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.)
The Courtship by Grace Burrowes 5/15
A Summer in Sonoma by Robyn Carr 5/15
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie. OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.
Fall from Grace: The Truth and Tragedy of "Shoeless Joe" Jackson by Tim Hornbaker 5/15
If Fried Chicken Could Fly by Paige Shelton 5/31 {308 pages}
Ink Inspired by Carrie Ann Ryan 6/21

message 7: by Frankie (last edited May 19, 2020 07:37PM) (new)

Frankie Johnson | 1468 comments Musician: Madonna

Choose your level:

5/5 Completed. Finish!!

🎼1. Read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Climbing Out-Lila Rose 5/18/20
Climbing Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #2) by Lila Rose

🎼2. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA.stone
Dom's Ascension-Harley Stone 5/16/20
Dom's Ascension (Mariani Crime Family, #1) by Harley Stone

🎼3. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned.
Sick Fux-Tillie Cole 5/17/20
Sick Fux by Tillie Cole

🎼4. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count.
(246)
Unleashing Hound-Harley Stone 5/19/20
Unleashing Hound (Dead Presidents MC Book 8) by Harley Stone

🎼5. Read a book by a female author.
Sarina Bowen-Bittersweet 5/15/20
Bittersweet (True North, #1) by Sarina Bowen

message 8: by Genevieve (last edited Jun 04, 2020 11:20AM) (new)

Genevieve Bomes | 2693 comments Mod

Love her or hate her, Madonna is one of the most recognized and sold musical artists in the world.

Choose your level:

🎼2. Read a book that the author’s last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Greedy Steve by Lisa McNeill by Lisa McNeill 03/21/2020

🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character
Murder with Cinnamon Scones (Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery #2) by Karen Rose Smith by Karen Rose Smith 3/31/2020

🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover
Photo Finished (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #2) by Laura Childs by Laura Childs 3/24/2020

🎼8. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA.
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen by Jane Austen 05/28/2020

🎼9. Read a book that has a wedding in it.
A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4) by Melissa Bourbon by Melissa Bourbon 05/27/2020

🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count. p 294
An Uninvited Ghost (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #2) by E.J. Copperman by E.J. Copperman 5/21/2020

🎼11. Read a historical fiction book.
Snowball in Hell (Doyle and Spain, #1) by Josh Lanyon by Josh Lanyon 5/22/2020

🎼 Read a book by a female author.
Promotions & Poisons (Presley Thurman Cozy Mystery #0.5) by Laina Turner by Laina Turner 05/22/2020
Southern Magic (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #1) by Amy Boyles by Amy Boyles 05/30/2020
Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3) by Lois Greiman by Lois Greiman 05/30/2020

🎼14. Read a book that is a standalone.
The Boy Next Door by Josh Lanyon by Josh Lanyon 05/23/2020
P Is for Piñata A Mexico Alphabet by Tony Johnston by Tony Johnston 05/28/2020

message 9: by Ferenc (last edited Jul 01, 2020 01:24AM) (new)

Ferenc (aeneth) | 1327 comments Musician: Madonna

Goal: Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks
Done: 13/15

🎼1. Read a book with a character that is Italian, French or Canadian.
And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini – 06/24/2020

🎼2. Read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James – 05/26/2020

🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character.
Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia – 06/10/2020

🎼4. Read a book that involves a character getting remarried.
The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander – 05/29/2020
Wyatt Caradon

🎼5. Read a book that takes place or was written in the 1980s.
Untamed by Nora Roberts – 06/02/2020
Published 1983.

🎼6. Read a book that has won an award.
They Called Us Enemy by George Takei – 06/02/2020
Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature for Young Adult Literature (2020)

🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover.
Proxima Centauri Vol. 1 by Farel Dalrymple Proxima Centauri Vol. 1 by Farel Dalrymple – 05/22/2020

At the Villa of Reduced Circumstances by Alexander McCall Smith – 06/10/2020

Redemption's Edge by Shirleen Davies – 06/06/2020

🎼10.Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count.
Punish by Olivia Ryann – 05/18/2020
252 pages

The Silence of Bones by June Hur – 06/30/2020

🎼12. Read a book by a female author.
Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi – 06/17/2020

🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie. Some ideas here: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/... OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.

🎼14. Read a standalone.
Thief River Falls by Brian Freeman – 05/21/2020

message 10: by Tari (last edited Jun 15, 2020 09:37AM) (new)

Tari (thann) | 1046 comments Musician: Madonna

Tasks done: 14

French, Lucienne (aka Mrs. Applebaum) Secrets of the Past Shelly West 5/20/20
Siblings Gracie & Ashley-Puppies in Paradise Kathi Daley 5/18/20
Charlene-The Dessert Corpse Tracey Quinn 5/15/20
Violet is rebellious-Canyons, Caravans & Cadavers Tonya Kappes 5/17/20
Celebrates Halloween-A Stew to a Kill Jenny Kales 5/23/20
🎼6.Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings.
Won the 2016 Agatha Award for best first novel-Murder in G Major Alexia Gordon 5/17/20
Aqua blue- Pineapple Upside Down Murder (The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series Book 1) by Jodi Rath Jodi Rath 5/25/20
A=Address for Murder Tonya Kappes 5/16/20
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged. Some ideas here: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/fr... OR read a book that has a wedding in it. Destination Murder K.J. Emrick 6/15/20
🎼10.Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count OR read a sports book.
2: 320 pages-A Study in Murder Callie Hutton 5/19/20
Private investigator-Buried Bones Carolyn Haines 5/28/20
Murder She Typed Sylvia Selfman 5/19/20
308 pages-Buried in a Bog Sheila Connolly 5/21/20
Miranda is dead guy Mick's sister-A Sprinkling of Murder Daryl Wood Gerber 6/14/20

message 11: by Kathryn (last edited Aug 05, 2020 05:38AM) (new)

Kathryn (an80slady6886) | 243 comments Musician: Madonna
Duration: May 15th, 2020- July 14th, 2020

12/15

. Cowboy Strong Stacy Finz 7/2/20 ***Gina De Rose is Italian

🎼2. Read a book with siblings OR read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it. An Author's Odyssey Chris Colfer 5/16/20 ** the author'st nme starts with C and the 2 main characters are twins.

🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character OR read a book that has a character that is a dancer.Breakfast at Honey Creek Café Breakfast at the Honey Creek Café Jodi Thomas 6/14/20 ** Two of the characters are still in high school for most of the book.

🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character OR read a book that involves a character getting remarried. Like Sisters on the Homefront Rita Williams-Garcia6/13/20 ** Gayle is pretty rebellious.

🎼5. Read a book that takes place or was written in the 1980s OR read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday or celebrates holiday. A Christmas Bride Hope Ramsay 7/18/20 ***

🎼6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that has a high number of ratings.

🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover OR read a book with a musical instrument on the cover. Still Waters (Sandhamn Murders, #1) by Viveca Sten Viveca Sten 6/29/20 *** the over include 2 shades of blue

🎼8. Read a book with clothing on the cover OR read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA. The Weight of Silence The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf Heather Gudenkauf 5/28/20 ** the girl is wearing a nightgown on the cover

🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged OR read a book that has a wedding in it. Coming Home Coming Home Mariah Stewart 6/12/20 ****there is a wedding in the book.

🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count OR read a sports book. Muslim Girl: A Coming of Age Story Amani Al-Khatahtbeh 5/25/20 *** 192 pages

🎼11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.

🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence OR read a book by a female author. The Inn at Hidden Run Olivia Newport 6/4/20 ***

🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.

🎼14. Read a book that has two of the following numbers in the page count: 0, 5, 8, 9 OR read a standalone. The Hero Two Doors Down: Based on the True Story of Friendship Between a Boy and a Baseball Legend Sharon Robinson 6/2/20 *** 208 pages

🎼15. Read a book that has a character or author named Miranda, Dolly or Carrie OR read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert Read a book that has a character or author named Miranda, Dolly or Carrie OR read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert. Sunshine on Silver Lake: Includes a bonus novella Annie Rains 7/22/20 *****

message 12: by JoAnne (last edited Jun 23, 2020 08:03AM) (new)

Read: 12

Tasks:

MCL-Title The Rural Diaries: What Moving to Mischief Farm Taught Me About What Really Matters in Life, Love, and Making Dandelion Wine Hilarie Burton 5/22/20
MCL-Title Palm Beach Deadly Tom Turner 5/30/20
MCL-Title A Merciful Silence Kendra Elliot 6/2/20
Siblings Badd Motherf*cker Jasinda Wilder 5/15/20

vacation/holiday Window on the Bay Debbie Macomber 6/17/20

Take Me Back by Meghan March Take Me Back Meghan March 6/12/20
Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1) by Marie Harte Enjoying the Show Marie Harte 6/16/20
Sisters of Summer's End by Lori Foster Sisters of Summer's End Lori Foster 6/19/20

Deceptions Kelley Armstrong 5/20/20
A Mail Order Bride to Heal his Heart Etta Foster 6/9/20
Dream Maker Kristen Ashley 6/20/20
Mean Streak Sandra Brown 6/22/20

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Barbara, Sandra, Kendra, Amanda, Frankie, Genevieve, Ferenc, Tari and Kathryn!

message 14: by Shash (last edited May 31, 2020 09:04PM) (new)

Shash | 1409 comments Musician: Madonna
May 15, 2020 - July 14, 2020

Choose your level:

14/11-15 Tasks Completed

The Reckoning by L.L. Muir (5/15/20) - siblings
To Love a Lord by Michelle Pennington (5/16/20) - MiCheLle

Last of the Gentlemen by Cami Checketts (5/20/20) - high school

A Goose Girl by K.M. Shea (5/21/20) - rebellious character

James by L.L. Muir (5/19/20) - vacation

Miss Marleigh's Pirate Lord by Mindy Burbidge Strunk (5/23/20)
Duncan by Jo Jones (5/30/20)

🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged OR read a book that has a wedding in it.
Payton by L.L. Muir (5/22/20) - wedding
A Bear's Bride by Shari L. Tapscott (5/31/20) - wedding

Ross by L.L. Muir (5/18/20) - 319 pages
Fraser by L.L. Muir (5/30/20) - 136 pages

🎼11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.)

Wyndham by L.L. Muir (5/20/20) - Scotland
An Unnatural Beanstalk by Brittany Fichter (5/26/20) - female author

A Crimson Frost by Marcia Lynn McClure (5/28/20) - 308 pages

message 15: by Anne (last edited Jun 16, 2020 10:07AM) (new)

Anne | 688 comments Musician: Madonna
Duration: May 15th, 2020- June 14th, 2020

11/15 COMPLETED.

🎼1. Read a book that takes place in Michigan
The Mothers by Brit Bennett 6/4/2020
Nadia Turner moves to Michigan for undergrad.
🎼2. Read a book with siblings.
When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton 5/28/2020
There are four Perez sisters and one (now deceased) brother.
The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas 5/22/2020
Twofer - Monica is on the dance team in high school. So are all her friends.
🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character.
Ghosts of Harvard by Francesca Serritella 5/25/2020
Cady rebels against her parents by going to Harvard.
You, Me, and the Sea by Meg Donohue 6/16/2020
You, Me, and the Sea by Meg Donohue
🎼8. Read a book with clothing on the cover.
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson 5/20/2020
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson
A Spell of Murder by Cleo Simon 5/29/2020
294 pages
The Girls in the Picture by Melanie Benjamin 6/8/2020
Twofer - historical fiction and Frances is a movie scenarist, script writer, and producer.
Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters 5/27/2020
Both! Set in Egypt, and by a female author
Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber 5/18/2020
Hallmark ran a movie version of Mr. Miracle.
Cemetery Road by Greg Iles 5/23/2020
590 pages and a standalone.

message 16: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Shash and Anne!

message 17: by Kay (PhoenixArisen) (last edited Jun 12, 2020 07:27AM) (new)

Kay (PhoenixArisen) (phoenixarisen) | 426 comments Musician: Madonna
Level: Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks
Completed: 11/11

🎼2. Read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it: Title begins with L - Love and Shenanigans by Zara Keane - 21/5/20
🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character: Both Melanie and Gray are college students - Big Gray: A Romantic Comedy by Ina Carter - 10/6/20
🎼5. Read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday: The main characters along with their friends takes a family holiday to Spain - No-one Ever Has Sex on Holiday by Tracy Bloom - 17/5/20
🎼6. Read a book with over a million ratings: 2,689,716 ratings - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - 28/5/20
🎼8. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA: Title begins with the letter A - Adventures of a Vegan Vamp by Cate Lawley - 23/5/20
🎼9. Read a book that has a wedding in it: The main character's little sister gets married towards the end of the book - The Chocolate Apothecary by Josephine Moon - 16/5/20
🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count: 110 pages - Milkshake Up by Christy Barritt - 26/5/20
🎼11. Read a historical fiction book - A Kingdom's Cost by J.R. Tomlin - 12/6/20
🎼12. Read a book by a female author - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling - 22/5/20
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie: Movie was made in 2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - 19/5/20
🎼14. Read a standalone: Erupt With Joy: A Journey Of Exploration From Core Values to Cultural Alignment by Hosamane J Savitha - 25/5/20

message 18: by DenXXX (last edited May 30, 2020 11:00AM) (new)

DenXXX (dencross) | 1505 comments Musician: Madonna completion post
Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks - 13/15

2 of the musclemen who are after Reacher are Italian
Worth dying for – lee childs – 29.05.20 Worth Dying For by Lee Child
🎼2. Read a book with siblings
breathe - sarah crossan - 16.05.20
90 miles to Havana - Enrique flores-glabis - 17.05.20
Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan 90 Miles to Havana by Enrique Flores-Galbis

OR read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Miss you – kate eberlen 24.05.20
Miss You by Kate Eberlen

Dark lord – the teenage years - - Jamie Thomson Book 19.05.20
Stepping on the cracks – mary downing Hahn 29.05.20
Dark Lord The Teenage Years by Jamie Thomson Stepping on the Cracks (Gordy Smith, #1) by Mary Downing Hahn

🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character
And the violins stopped playing – a story of the gypsy holocaust Alexander ramati 24.05.20 And the Violins Stopped Playing by Alexander Ramati

Alice Hoffman – faithful 29.05.20
Faithful by Alice Hoffman

The mystery of the vanished victim - Ellery queen jr - 20.05.20
Anything for her – g.j. minett 28.05.20
The Mystery of the Vanished Victim (The Ellery Queen Jr. Mystery Stories Book 11) by Ellery Queen Jr. Anything For Her by G.J. Minett

🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count
Stepsister – Jennifer Donnelly – 22.05.20 – 352 pages
Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly

🎼11. Read a historical fiction book
OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.
female bodyguard in private princess - jame patterson 15.05.20
Private Princess (Private, #14) by James Patterson

🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence
Exposure - Evelyn Anthony - 21.05.20
Exposure by Evelyn Anthony

message 19: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Kay and Den!

message 20: by Jessica (last edited Jul 14, 2020 07:47PM) (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 294 comments Musician: Madonna

✅Done!!!✅
13/15

🎼1. Takes place in Michigan OR A character that is Canadian: Genesis Begins Again ★★★★★ 9 June OR Anne of Green Gables ★★★★ 31 May
🎼2. Author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it: The Honey-Don't List by Christina Lauren ★★★ 21 May
🎼3. Has a high school character: Blue Bloods ★★ 26 May
🎼4. Rebellious character OR A character gets remarried.
🎼5. Written in the 1980s: Ender's Game ★★★ 17 May
🎼6. Won an award ~2019 Freeman Book Award~: Patron Saints of Nothing ★★★★★ 29 May
🎼7. Blue cover: Hallowed ★★★ 3 June
🎼8. Starts with a letter in MADONNA: Nothing to See Here ★★★10 June
🎼9. Has a wedding in it: Love and Other Words ★★★ 15 June
🎼10. Sports book: We Are the Wildcats ★★★★ 4 June
🎼11. Historical fiction book: Summer of '69 ★★★ 25 May
🎼12. Female author: It's Not Like It's a Secret by Misa Sugiura ★★★ 20 May
🎼13. Historical nonfiction figure: 42 Is Not Just a Number: The Odyssey of Jackie Robinson, American Hero★★★★ 14 July
🎼14. Read a standalone: Clap When You Land ★★★★ 26 May
🎼15. Has a character or author named Miranda, Dolly or Carrie OR A character goes to or performs in a concert.

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
Books Read:
Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery The Honey-Don't List by Christina Lauren Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson We Are the Wildcats by Siobhan Vivian Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand It's Not Like It's a Secret by Misa Sugiura Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo 42 Is Not Just a Number The Odyssey of Jackie Robinson, American Hero by Doreen Rappaport

message 21: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Jessica!

message 22: by Vanessa (last edited Jun 23, 2020 05:38PM) (new)

Vanessa | 218 comments Musician: Madonna

Dying for Strawberries by Sharon Farrow 5/26
Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich 5/23
The Familiar Dark by Amy Engel 5/17
The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman 6/23
A Pocket Full of Rye by Agatha Christie 5/17
The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix 5/23
Murder Most Howl by Krista Davis 5/16
Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) by Janet Evanovich Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich 5/30
Dim Sum of All Fears by Vivien Chien 5/19
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged. OR read a book that has a wedding in it.
Pleating for Mercy by Melissa Bourbon 6/14
Death in Ecstasy by Ngaio Marsh 6/8
Fly Me To The Moon: Sylvia Stryker Space Case #1 by Diane Vallere 5/20
4:50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie 5/28
The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson 5/24
The Return by Rachel Harrison 6/10
Cream Puff Murder by Joanne Fluke 6/9

message 23: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Vanessa!

message 24: by Frankie (new)

Frankie Johnson | 1468 comments Musician: Madonna

Choose your level:

5/5 Completed. Finish!!

🎼1. Read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Climbing Out-Lila Rose 5/18/20
Climbing Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #2) by Lila Rose

🎼2. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA.stone
Dom's Ascension-Harley Stone 5/16/20
Dom's Ascension (Mariani Crime Family, #1) by Harley Stone

🎼3. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned.
Sick Fux-Tillie Cole 5/17/20
Sick Fux by Tillie Cole

🎼4. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count.
(246)
Unleashing Hound-Harley Stone 5/19/20
Unleashing Hound (Dead Presidents MC Book 8) by Harley Stone

🎼5. Read a book by a female author.
Sarina Bowen-Bittersweet 5/15/20
Bittersweet (True North, #1) by Sarina Bowen

message 25: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Frankie!

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 14 comments Musician: Madonna
Duration:
May 15, 2020- July 14, 2020

Choose your level:

message 27: by Kellene (last edited Jul 08, 2020 08:35AM) (new)

Kellene | 386 comments Musician: Madonna

Choose your level: Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks

1. Read a book that takes place in Michigan OR a book with a character that is Italian, French or Canadian.

2. Read a book with siblings OR read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Siblings- Purrder She Wrote Cate Conte 6/7/20 Maddie & Val
Murder in the Storybook Cottage Ellery Adams 7/5/20

Author's Name- You Don't Own Me Mary Higgins Clark 5/30/20
The Fitzgerald Ruse. Mark de Castrique 6/26/20

3. Read a book that has a high school or college character OR read a book that has a character that is a dancer.

4. Read a book that has a rebellious character OR read a book that involves a character getting remarried.

5. Read a book that takes place or was written in the 1980s OR read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday or celebrates holiday.
Character celebrates a holiday: It's Your Party, Die If You Want to (LIV and Di in Dixie Mystery) Vickie Fee 5/29/20 Halloween
Character takes a vacation: Murder With Puffins Donna Andrews 7/7/20 Meg and Michael take a vacation to Monhegan Island, ME

6. Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings.

7. Read a book with a blue cover OR read a book with a musical instrument on the cover.

8. Read a book with clothing on the cover OR read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA.
Book starts with letter in MADONNA: Mayhem at the Orient Express Kylie Logan 6/5/20

9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged OR read a book that has a wedding in it.
Wedding: Murder Wears White Stephanie Blackmoore 6/5/20

10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count OR read a sports book.
Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count: Come, Bitter Poison Monica Knightley 6/14/20 177 p
Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count Hot Chocolate and Homicide Cindy Bell 5/30/20 228p
Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count Written in Stone Ellery Adams 5/29/20 294 p
Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count Fit to Die. J.B. Stanley 6/23/20. 232 p.

11. Read a historical fiction book OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.:

12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence OR read a book by a female author.
Read a book by a female author: Chocolate Crunch Murder Susan Gillard 6/8/20
Read a book by a female author: Pecan Pies and Homicides. Ellery Adams. 6/19/20

13. Read a book that is also a movie. OR read a book about a historical figure, fiction or nonfiction.

14. Read a book that has two of the following numbers in the page count: 0, 5, 8, 9 OR read a standalone.

15. Read a book that has a character or author named Miranda, Dolly or Carrie OR read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert.

message 28: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Melanie and Kellene!!

message 29: by DenXXX (new)

DenXXX (dencross) | 1505 comments Musician: Madonna completion post
Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks - 13/15

2 of the musclemen who are after Reacher are Italian
Worth dying for – lee childs – 29.05.20 Worth Dying For by Lee Child
🎼2. Read a book with siblings
breathe - sarah crossan - 16.05.20
90 miles to Havana - Enrique flores-glabis - 17.05.20
Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan 90 Miles to Havana by Enrique Flores-Galbis

OR read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Miss you – kate eberlen 24.05.20
Miss You by Kate Eberlen

Dark lord – the teenage years - - Jamie Thomson Book 19.05.20
Stepping on the cracks – mary downing Hahn 29.05.20
Dark Lord The Teenage Years by Jamie Thomson Stepping on the Cracks (Gordy Smith, #1) by Mary Downing Hahn

🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character
And the violins stopped playing – a story of the gypsy holocaust Alexander ramati 24.05.20 And the Violins Stopped Playing by Alexander Ramati

Alice Hoffman – faithful 29.05.20
Faithful by Alice Hoffman

The mystery of the vanished victim - Ellery queen jr - 20.05.20
Anything for her – g.j. minett 28.05.20
The Mystery of the Vanished Victim (The Ellery Queen Jr. Mystery Stories Book 11) by Ellery Queen Jr. Anything For Her by G.J. Minett

🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count
Stepsister – Jennifer Donnelly – 22.05.20 – 352 pages
Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly

🎼11. Read a historical fiction book
OR read a book where the MC is in a nontraditional gender field (a male nurse, a female engineer, etc.
female bodyguard in private princess - jame patterson 15.05.20
Private Princess (Private, #14) by James Patterson

🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence
Exposure - Evelyn Anthony - 21.05.20
Exposure by Evelyn Anthony

message 30: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Den!

message 31: by Grace (last edited Jun 06, 2020 03:59AM) (new)

Grace Worland | 890 comments Musician: Madonna

🎼2. Read a book with siblings- Fallout-Ellen Hopkins 5/21
🎼3. Read a book that has a high school- Summer Alone-Amy Sparling 5/15
🎼5. Read a book that was written in the 1980s- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs-Judi Barrett 6/2
🎼6. Read a book that has won an award- Jumanji-Chris Van Allsburg 6/2- Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award (1984)
🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover- Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days, #3) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 3-John Allison 5/19
🎼8. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA- Assassination Classroom, Vol. 05: Time to Show Off a Hidden Talent-Yūsei Matsui 5/21
🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count- Ghost Squad-Claribel A. Ortega 6/1- pg. 288
🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence- Inuyashiki, Vol. 6-Hiroya Oku 5/16- Set in Japan- I'm in Australia
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie- Journey to the Center of the Earth- Jules Verne 6/2
🎼14. Read a standalone- The Blind Assassin-Margaret Atwood 5/25
🎼15. Read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert- The Secret Star Grove Mysteries: The Interrupted Road Trip-Jessica Sorensen 5/23

message 32: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Grace!

message 33: by Shash (new)

Shash | 1409 comments Finished! :)

May 15, 2020 - July 14, 2020

Choose your level:

14/11-15 Tasks Completed

The Reckoning by L.L. Muir (5/15/20) - siblings
To Love a Lord by Michelle Pennington (5/16/20) - MiCheLle

Last of the Gentlemen by Cami Checketts (5/20/20) - high school

A Goose Girl by K.M. Shea (5/21/20) - rebellious character

James by L.L. Muir (5/19/20) - vacation

Miss Marleigh's Pirate Lord by Mindy Burbidge Strunk (5/23/20)
Duncan by Jo Jones (5/30/20)

Payton by L.L. Muir (5/22/20) - wedding
A Bear's Bride by Shari L. Tapscott (5/31/20) - wedding

Ross by L.L. Muir (5/18/20) - 319 pages
Fraser by L.L. Muir (5/30/20) - 136 pages

Wyndham by L.L. Muir (5/20/20) - Scotland
An Unnatural Beanstalk by Brittany Fichter (5/26/20) - female author

A Crimson Frost by Marcia Lynn McClure (5/28/20) - 308 pages

message 34: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Shash!

message 35: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 18, 2020 12:54PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments The Lost Challenges
Duration:
May 15, 2020- July 14, 2020

Progress: 13 out of 15
Choose your level:

🎼1. Read a book that takes place in Michigan OR a book with a character that is Italian, French or Canadian:
Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran - **** - 6/10/2020 - 446 Pages

Madame Tussaud A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Volume 17 by Ted Anderson - ***** - 5/17/2020 - 1

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Volume 17 by Ted Anderson

Yesterday, I Cried by Iyanla Vanzant - ***** - 5/24/2020 - 304 Pages

Yesterday, I Cried by Iyanla Vanzant

🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character OR read a book that involves a character getting remarried:
The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig - **** - 5/28/2020 - 400 Pages

The Deception of the Emerald Ring (Pink Carnation, #3) by Lauren Willig

🎼5. Read a book that takes place or was written in the 1980s OR read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday or celebrates holiday:
Breathing Room by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - ***** - 6/16/2020 - 400 Pages

Breathing Room by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover OR read a book with a musical instrument on the cover:
Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life by Hector Garcia Puigcerver - *** - 5/29/2020 - 194 Pages

Ikigai The Japanese secret to a long and happy life by Hector Garcia Puigcerver

🎼8. Read a book with clothing on the cover OR read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA:
The October Faction, Vol. 1 by Steve Niles - **** - 5/22/2020 - 152 Pages

The October Faction, Vol. 1 by Steve Niles

Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilkey - ***** - 5/20/2020 -176 Pages

Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (Captain Underpants, #8) by Dav Pilkey

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Vol. 12: The Mysterious Dr. X by Floyd Gottfredson - *** - 5/22/2020 - 296 Pages

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Vol. 12 The Mysterious Dr. X by Floyd Gottfredson

🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence OR read a book by a female author.:
From Hell by Alan Moore - ** - 5/25/2020 - 576 Pages

From Hell by Alan Moore

Black by Kwanza Osajyefo Black by Kwanza Osajyefo - **** - 5/22/2020 - 208 Pages

Spider-Man: Life Story by Chip Zdarsky - ***** - 5/28/2020 - 208 Pages

Spider-Man Life Story by Chip Zdarsky

The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig - ***** - 6/8/2020 -

The Seduction of the Crimson Rose (Pink Carnation, #4) by Lauren Willig

🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼 🎼
Challenge Rules
(view spoiler)

message 36: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Suzanne!

message 37: by Rina (last edited Jun 13, 2020 04:02AM) (new)

Rina | 1084 comments Love her or hate her, Madonna is one of the most recognized and sold musical artists in the world.

Choose your level:

Finished: 3

🎼 Madonna Louise Ciccone was born in Bay City, Michigan, on August 16, 1958. Her father's parents were Italian emigrants from Pacentro, while her mother was of French-Canadian descent. Since Madonna had the same name as her mother; family members called her "Little Nonni". Madonna later commented about her name, "How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.” She has two older brothers, Anthony and Martin, and three younger siblings, Paula, Christopher, and Melanie. She was raised in the Detroit suburbs of Pontiac and Avon Township (now Rochester Hills). Her mother died of breast cancer at age 30 on December 1, 1963, which had a significant impact on Madonna’s formative years.
- The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane, Lisa See, 07.06.2020
- I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1), Ally Carter, 03.06.2020

🎼 In 1966, Madonna’s dad, Tony, married the family's housekeeper Joan Gustafson. They had two children, Jennifer and Mario. Madonna resented her father for getting remarried, and began rebelling against him, which strained their relationship for many years afterward. Madonna maintained a high grade point average, but still achieved notoriety for her unconventional behavior. Madonna's father put her in classical piano lessons, but she later convinced him to allow her to take ballet lessons. In high school she became a straight-A student and a member of the cheerleading squad. After graduating, she received a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan. At the age of 19, Madonna began studying dance, but, in 1978, dropped out of college and relocated to New York City. Madonna said of her move to New York, "It was the first time I'd ever taken a plane, the first time I'd ever gotten a taxi cab. I came here with $35 in my pocket. It was the bravest thing I'd ever done."

🎼 While performing as a backup singer and dancer for the French disco artist Patrick Hernandez on his 1979 world tour, Madonna became involved with several different musicians and bands, but eventually she later decided to promote herself as a solo act. Madonna had a few small singles released before 1982, but it wasn’t until her album Madonna, that she really took off. With the help of a boyfriend, Madonna remixed one of her songs, which would later become “Holiday,” her first international top-ten hit. The overall sound of Madonna was in the form of upbeat synthetic disco, using some of the new technology of the time, like the Linn drum machine and the OB-X synthesizer. "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" were two top-ten singles. In June 1986, Madonna released her third studio album, True Blue. Rolling Stone was impressed with the effort, writing that the album "sound[s] as if it comes from the heart". Five singles were released—"Live to Tell", "Papa Don't Preach", "True Blue", "Open Your Heart", and "La Isla Bonita"—all of which reached number one in the US or the UK. The album topped the charts in 28 countries worldwide, an unprecedented achievement at the time, and remains Madonna's best-selling studio album, with sales of 25 million copies. True Blue was featured in the 1992 edition of Guinness World Records as the best-selling album by a woman of all time.

🎼 Madonna's look and style of dressing, her performances, and her music videos influenced young girls and women. Her style became one of the female fashion trends of the 1980s. Madonna's popularity continued to rise globally with the release of her second studio album, Like a Virgin, in November 1984. Like a Virgin became the very first album by a female to sell over five million copies in the U.S. The album's title track served as its first single, and topped the Hot 100 chart for six consecutive weeks. It attracted the attention of conservative organizations who complained that the song and its accompanying video promoted premarital sex and undermined family values, and moralists sought to have the song and video banned. Madonna received huge media coverage for her performance of "Like a Virgin" at the first 1984 MTV Video Music Awards. Wearing a wedding dress and white gloves, Madonna appeared on stage atop a giant wedding cake and then rolled around suggestively on the floor. MTV retrospectively considered it one of the "most iconic" pop performances of all time.

🎼In addition to music and dancing, Madonna is also an actress. In 1992, Madonna starred in A League of Their Own as Mae Mordabito, a baseball player on an all-women's team. It reached number one on the box-office and became the tenth highest-grossing film of the year in the U.S. She recorded the film's theme song, "This Used to Be My Playground", which became her tenth Hot 100 number-one hit, the most by any female artist at the time. The same year, she founded her own entertainment company, Maverick, consisting of a record company, a film production company, and associated music publishing, television broadcasting, book publishing and merchandising divisions. The deal was a joint venture with Time Warner and paid Madonna an advance of $60 million. It gave her 20% royalties from the music proceedings, the highest rate in the industry at the time, equaled only by Michael Jackson's royalty rate established a year earlier with Sony.

🎼 In the 1996 musical, Evita, Madonna played the title role of Eva Perón. For a long time, Madonna had desired to play Perón and wrote to director Alan Parker to explain why she would be perfect for the part. She said later, "This is the role I was born to play. I put everything of me into this because it was much more than a role in a movie. It was exhilarating and intimidating at the same time. And I am prouder of Evita than anything else I have done." After securing the role, she had vocal training and learned about the history of Argentina and Perón. After Evita's release in December 1996, Madonna's performance was praised by film critics. Zach Conner from Time magazine commented, "It's a relief to say that Evita is pretty damn fine, well cast and handsomely visualized. Madonna once again confounds our expectations." Madonna won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for the role.

- The Accidental Tourist, Anne Tyler, 09.06.2020

message 38: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Rina!

message 39: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Bomes | 2693 comments Mod
FINISHED

Choose your level:

🎼2. Read a book that the author’s last name has a M, L, & C in it.
Greedy Steve by Lisa McNeill by Lisa McNeill 03/21/2020

Murder with Cinnamon Scones (Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery #2) by Karen Rose Smith by Karen Rose Smith 3/31/2020

Photo Finished (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #2) by Laura Childs by Laura Childs 3/24/2020

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen by Jane Austen 05/28/2020

A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4) by Melissa Bourbon by Melissa Bourbon 05/27/2020

🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count. p 294
An Uninvited Ghost (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #2) by E.J. Copperman by E.J. Copperman 5/21/2020

Snowball in Hell (Doyle and Spain, #1) by Josh Lanyon by Josh Lanyon 5/22/2020

🎼 Read a book by a female author.
Promotions & Poisons (Presley Thurman Cozy Mystery #0.5) by Laina Turner by Laina Turner 05/22/2020
Southern Magic (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #1) by Amy Boyles by Amy Boyles 05/30/2020
Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3) by Lois Greiman by Lois Greiman 05/30/2020

🎼14. Read a book that is a standalone.
The Boy Next Door by Josh Lanyon by Josh Lanyon 05/23/2020
P Is for Piñata A Mexico Alphabet by Tony Johnston by Tony Johnston 05/28/2020

message 40: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Genevieve!

message 41: by Grace (new)

Grace Worland | 890 comments Musician: Madonna
Completed: 11
FINISHED

🎼2. Read a book with siblings- Fallout-Ellen Hopkins 5/21
🎼3. Read a book that has a high school- Summer Alone-Amy Sparling 5/15
🎼5. Read a book that was written in the 1980s- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs-Judi Barrett 6/2
🎼6. Read a book that has won an award- Jumanji-Chris Van Allsburg 6/2- Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award (1984)
🎼7. Read a book with a blue cover- Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days, #3) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 3-John Allison 5/19
🎼8. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA- Assassination Classroom, Vol. 05: Time to Show Off a Hidden Talent-Yūsei Matsui 5/21
🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count- Ghost Squad-Claribel A. Ortega 6/1- pg. 288
🎼12. Read a book that takes place outside of your country of residence- Inuyashiki, Vol. 6-Hiroya Oku 5/16- Set in Japan- I'm in Australia
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie- Journey to the Center of the Earth- Jules Verne 6/2
🎼14. Read a standalone- The Blind Assassin-Margaret Atwood 5/25
🎼15. Read a book where a character goes to or performs in a concert- The Secret Star Grove Mysteries: The Interrupted Road Trip-Jessica Sorensen 5/23

message 42: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Grace!

Kay (PhoenixArisen) (phoenixarisen) | 426 comments All done!

Level: Express Yourself: 11-15 tasks
Completed: 11/11

🎼2. Read a book that the title or author’s first or last name has a M, L, & C in it: Title begins with L - Love and Shenanigans by Zara Keane - 21/5/20
🎼3. Read a book that has a high school or college character: Both Melanie and Gray are college students - Big Gray: A Romantic Comedy by Ina Carter - 10/6/20
🎼5. Read a book where a character takes a vacation/holiday: The main characters along with their friends takes a family holiday to Spain - No-one Ever Has Sex on Holiday by Tracy Bloom - 17/5/20
🎼6. Read a book with over a million ratings: 2,689,716 ratings - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - 28/5/20
🎼8. Read a book that starts with a letter in MADONNA: Title begins with the letter A - Adventures of a Vegan Vamp by Cate Lawley - 23/5/20
🎼9. Read a book that has a wedding in it: The main character's little sister gets married towards the end of the book - The Chocolate Apothecary by Josephine Moon - 16/5/20
🎼10. Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count: 110 pages - Milkshake Up by Christy Barritt - 26/5/20
🎼11. Read a historical fiction book - A Kingdom's Cost by J.R. Tomlin - 12/6/20
🎼12. Read a book by a female author - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling - 22/5/20
🎼13. Read a book that is also a movie: Movie was made in 2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - 19/5/20
🎼14. Read a standalone: Erupt With Joy: A Journey Of Exploration From Core Values to Cultural Alignment by Hosamane J Savitha - 25/5/20

message 44: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Kay!

message 45: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 1046 comments Finished with 14 tasks

Tasks done: 14

French, Lucienne (aka Mrs. Applebaum) Secrets of the Past Shelly West 5/20/20
Siblings Gracie & Ashley-Puppies in Paradise Kathi Daley 5/18/20
Charlene-The Dessert Corpse Tracey Quinn 5/15/20
Violet is rebellious-Canyons, Caravans & Cadavers Tonya Kappes 5/17/20
Celebrates Halloween-A Stew to a Kill Jenny Kales 5/23/20
🎼6.Read a book that has won an award OR read a book with over a million ratings or a book on your TBR list that his a high number of ratings.
Won the 2016 Agatha Award for best first novel-Murder in G Major Alexia Gordon 5/17/20
Aqua blue- Pineapple Upside Down Murder (The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series Book 1) by Jodi Rath Jodi Rath 5/25/20
A=Address for Murder Tonya Kappes 5/16/20
🎼9. Read a book that is considered controversial or has been banned or challenged. Some ideas here: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/fr... OR read a book that has a wedding in it. Destination Murder K.J. Emrick 6/15/20
🎼10.Read a book that has 1,2, or 9 in the page count OR read a sports book.
2: 320 pages-A Study in Murder Callie Hutton 5/19/20
Private investigator-Buried Bones Carolyn Haines 5/28/20
Murder She Typed Sylvia Selfman 5/19/20
308 pages-Buried in a Bog Sheila Connolly 5/21/20
Miranda is dead guy Mick's sister-A Sprinkling of Murder Daryl Wood Gerber 6/14/20

message 46: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Tari!

message 47: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 1046 comments JoAnne wrote: "WOOHOO Tari!"
Thanks, JoAnne!

message 48: by Anne (new)

Anne | 688 comments Musician: Madonna
Duration: May 15th, 2020- June 14th, 2020

11/15 COMPLETED.

🎼1. Read a book that takes place in Michigan
The Mothers by Brit Bennett 6/4/2020
Nadia Turner moves to Michigan for undergrad.
🎼2. Read a book with siblings.
When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton 5/28/2020
There are four Perez sisters and one (now deceased) brother.
The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas 5/22/2020
Twofer - Monica is on the dance team in high school. So are all her friends.
🎼4. Read a book that has a rebellious character.
Ghosts of Harvard by Francesca Serritella 5/25/2020
Cady rebels against her parents by going to Harvard.
You, Me, and the Sea by Meg Donohue 6/16/2020
You, Me, and the Sea by Meg Donohue
🎼8. Read a book with clothing on the cover.
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson 5/20/2020
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson
A Spell of Murder by Cleo Simon 5/29/2020
294 pages
The Girls in the Picture by Melanie Benjamin 6/8/2020
Twofer - historical fiction and Frances is a movie scenarist, script writer, and producer.
Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters 5/27/2020
Both! Set in Egypt, and by a female author
Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber 5/18/2020
Hallmark ran a movie version of Mr. Miracle.
Cemetery Road by Greg Iles 5/23/2020
590 pages and a standalone.

message 49: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Anne!

message 50: by JoAnne (new)

FINISHED
Read: 12

Tasks:

MCL-Title The Rural Diaries: What Moving to Mischief Farm Taught Me About What Really Matters in Life, Love, and Making Dandelion Wine Hilarie Burton 5/22/20
MCL-Title Palm Beach Deadly Tom Turner 5/30/20
MCL-Title A Merciful Silence Kendra Elliot 6/2/20
Siblings Badd Motherf*cker Jasinda Wilder 5/15/20

vacation/holiday Window on the Bay Debbie Macomber 6/17/20

Take Me Back by Meghan March Take Me Back Meghan March 6/12/20
Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1) by Marie Harte Enjoying the Show Marie Harte 6/16/20
Sisters of Summer's End by Lori Foster Sisters of Summer's End Lori Foster 6/19/20

Deceptions Kelley Armstrong 5/20/20
A Mail Order Bride to Heal his Heart Etta Foster 6/9/20
Dream Maker Kristen Ashley 6/20/20
Mean Streak Sandra Brown 6/22/20

« previous 1