Play Book Tag discussion

The House Girl
This topic is about The House Girl
Archive: Other Books > [Poll Book Tally] The House Girl by Tara Conklin 1 star

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7007 comments This rating went down an entire star after I slept on it, torn between one and two stars. I can't tell you how disappointed I was with this when it appeared that it would have all the makings of at least a three star read. I would have dropped it, but at first I was liking it at 3 stars, which is a solid like depending on various factors. But about 1/3 of the way through or so I was wavering because it was going down hill, but I opted to finish and it just didn't get better. The more I think about this book, the more disappointed I am.

I have deleted much of my ranting, but suffice to say that I found many characters not deeply or well drawn, much stereotyping even in an obvious attempt to avoid it, some characters poorly and unbelievably drawn and some unbelievable things in the story line (I am not talking about the abuses of slaves, but other things).

message 2: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3245 comments Dammit, I am disappointed you deleted most of your rant! I love a good 1 star review :P

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7483 comments Dang! I was looking forward to this one-taking it off my shelf

Karin | 7007 comments Joanne wrote: "Dang! I was looking forward to this one-taking it off my shelf"

Well, Michael gave it 3 stars and so did one other pbt reader.

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7483 comments Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Dang! I was looking forward to this one-taking it off my shelf"

Well, Michael gave it 3 stars and so did one other pbt reader."

I checked to see what other people I know wrote-no one was really happy with it-it's gone from the tumbling tower

message 6: by Karin (last edited May 12, 2020 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Karin | 7007 comments Joanne wrote: "Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Dang! I was looking forward to this one-taking it off my shelf"

I checked to see what other people I k..."

Smart move. I had lots and lots of things in my rant that I removed and had barely scratched the surface.

message 7: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3245 comments Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Dang! I was looking forward to this one-taking it off my shelf"

I checked to see what o..."

You are depriving me of much needed entertainment 😊
But I commend your initiative to not revel in the negativity.

Karin | 7007 comments Meli wrote: "Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Dang! I was looking forward to this one-taking it off my shelf"

I checked..."

Well, it wasn't my funniest rant.