What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > SciFi book about a found spacecraft by a married couple

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin M | 1 comments I am trying to remember the name of a book/series that started with a husband and wife finding a spaceship. They recruit a bunch of people to be the crew on the down low and the government wants to negotiate with them and set up a meeting at camp david and it was going to be an ambush. I think they then are earth's representation in a bigger galactic community. Not so sure about the last part, but I seem to remember it being an easy read and i might be getting a few facts mixed in from other books. It would have been in the last 5-10 years.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33315 comments Mod
Kevin, what are the husband and wife's skills (e.g., navigator, engineer, computer tech, medical)?

Where do they find the spaceship and was it built by humans?

Who sets up the ambush?

message 3: by Cross777 (new)

Cross777 | 31 comments That sounds like some of the Kurtherian Gambit books.

message 4: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 602 comments For the click, first book in the series:
Death Becomes Her (The Kurtherian Gambit #1) by Michael Anderle Death Becomes Her

@Cross777: In the Goodreads description Vampires are mentioned, not aliens. You sure you meant this book-series?

message 5: by Cross777 (last edited May 17, 2020 09:06PM) (new)

Cross777 | 31 comments Not at all sure this is the book, but it has a lot of the elements.
Spoilers:

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 602 comments OK, thanks for the info, this also means this book is not for me.
From the description of the OP, I might be interested, I'll wait and see what happens.

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Possibly Legacy by Bob Mauldin? I just read the first few chapters last night so I don't know much, but it's about a husband and wife who are camping in Wyoming(?) and an alien space ship lands in front of them. The pilot is a dying alien who wants them to warn his people of the political group that murdered him and everyone on his ship.

There are like four sections where the husband and wife think and talk about how they can't let the US get sole custody of the ship because it could lead other nations to declare war. Seriously, it's like the author forgot he'd already put that bit in or that he had to repeat it several times. So from the synopsis the husband and wife, and the wife's friend who came camping with them, take the ship and recruit their other friends to do the right thing, whatever they decide that is.