Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine discussion

The Henna Artist

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tammy(PeaceLoveBooks) (tammathau) Since this group seems to be inactive, here are links to RW Bookclub(Unofficial). We have been discussing Reese's picks from the beginning and we are an active group!
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

You can also find us on Facebook! RWBC Goodreads
https://www.facebook.com/groups/25676...

I look forward to talking books with you!

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina | 1 comments This is not a book I would've picked on my own but have found myself loving this story. I am listening to the audio which is done so well! I feel like I am in the world, it is so interesting. It's one of those that I just don't want to stop listening too. I listen on my commute to work and so sad when I reach my destination and need to stop listening.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenniferdenise) I totally agree! Not something I would normally read but from the moment I started it I couldn't put it down.

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison | 1 comments Same here!. When I first read the description, I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it but I really did.

message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa | 3 comments argh I'm waiting for my copy to arrive but the postal service is soooo slow.

message 6: by Pamalama (new)

Pamalama Jo I feel like I probably would have picked this up on my own but I’m not as drawn into it as I would have liked. I am also listening to the audio and am glad I did since I has words I wouldn’t be able to pronounce. This is actually my first RW book I’m reading even though I have followed the group for some time. I guess I have more time in quarantine.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Cretser | 5 comments Same here! It is not a book I would have read but live the audio book.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa7777777) | 1 comments I thought the pace of the book was slow at first. Then, about half-way through, I couldn’t put it down. I might have enjoyed it more as a book instead of reading it on a kindle. That would have allowed for easier access to the glossary for Hindi words.

Audrey Margaret  | 1 comments I really loved learning about the author and her life and how she wrote the main character Lakshmi after her own mother. I really enjoyed reading the book and learning a bit more about India. I love reading about strong and creative women that encounter struggles because of their culture or situations they face and learn how they try to resolve those conflicts.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (adriesen83) | 1 comments I absolutely devoured this book and would love to know of other ones like it!! :)

message 11: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley | 4 comments Couldn’t put it down.

message 12: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 8 comments Great book. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Wiedmeyer I’m not officially part of this club but I loved the book. I got my grandma to finish it in one day 😂

message 14: by Marisa (new)

Marisa | 3 comments I've just started it, loving it already!

message 15: by Renata (new)

Renata | 6 comments I enrolled in a course on Historical Fiction during the lockdown, and Reese's pick seemed like a perfect fit. I read the book earlier in May and absolutely loved it! Had the chance of interacting with the author at Reese's virtual book club meet.

message 16: by Renata (new)

Renata | 6 comments Lisa wrote: "I thought the pace of the book was slow at first. Then, about half-way through, I couldn’t put it down. I might have enjoyed it more as a book instead of reading it on a kindle. That would have all..."

I often feel this way while reading on Kindle. It's difficult to move back and forth as one would a paperback.