Book Cougars discussion

Episodes > Episode 102 - Author Spotlight with Rachel Barenbaum

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Wolak (chriswolak) | 295 comments Mod
Chris shares some of what she's learned about Harriet Beecher Stowe and we find out about Loretta Lynn's orgasms. Who knew! Chris and Emily announce an exciting upcoming Biblio Adventure and have a chat with author Rachel Barenbaum. The paperback edition of her novel A Bend in the Stars is now available.

https://www.bookcougars.com/blog-1/20...

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 25 comments This episode brought me back to my podcast “firsts”.

I loved the Home Cooking four part podcast series (and hope they decide to continue it!)....Samin’s cohost is Hrishikesh Hirway, who has his own podcast called Song Exploder. Hrishi was also the co-creator and cohost of what became the first podcast I ever listened to - The West Wing Weekly, which went episode by episode through the entire seven seasons of The West Wing, and included almost every cast member, producer, and writer of the show as guests along the way.

Once I got started on TWWW I searched for podcasts about books....and Books on the Nightstand was, of course, the top rated show....so I started at the beginning and listened to all 390 episodes - and just watched number 391:-) I was hooked - BOTN led me to other bookish podcasts, which led me in turn to others, including the Book Cougars. Thanks Chris and Emily for being part of the wonderful bookish podcast community!

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 249 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "This episode brought me back to my podcast “firsts”.

I loved the Home Cooking four part podcast series (and hope they decide to continue it!)....Samin’s cohost is Hrishikesh Hirway, who has his o..."

Kim - Thank you for letting me know about Samin's cohost. I, too, love the podcast and hope they continue. Ironically, my son just started watching The West Wing. I'm going to tell him about TWWW podcast.

We are so glad you have found the Book Cougars! Thanks so much for listening.

Emily