GXO Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited May 12, 2020 06:52AM) (new)

Kimberly (Chapter_Adventure) (chapter_adventure) | 192 comments Mod
Your task this month is to read at least 1 book that WON a book award in May. Any year ... as long as the award was presented in May. What will you read.

To get you started, here are a few awards that have been presented in May:

* The Best Translated Book Awards honor the best original works of international fiction and poetry published in the U.S. during the previous year.

* The Nebula Awards are voted on, and presented by, active members of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. Winners of the awards presented in 2019 include The Calculating Stars, Mary Robinette Kowal for Best Novel.

* Comment below with the book you're reading for the challenge, the name of the award it won and the date it was presented. Mark it CHALLENGE COMPLETE if you've read the book.

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

The Nebula Awards are my very favorite awards and I've already read so many of the winners and nominees. But one that I've meant to read but haven't yet is Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire so I think that will be my choice for May.

message 3: by Traci (last edited May 15, 2020 02:09PM) (new)

Traci (scraptraci) | 37 comments Challenge Complete: I read Death Al Dente by Leslie Budewitz. It won the Agatha award in 2013

https://titlesurfingwithtraci.blogspo...

message 4: by Simone (new)

Simone (simonec75) | 50 comments The book I chose won the Nebula Award for Best Novella in 2017. I really enjoyed it. It's a series too. So I will read the others as well.

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Simone wrote: "The book I chose won the Nebula Award for Best Novella in 2017. I really enjoyed it. It's a series too. So I will read the others as well.

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells"

Currently one of my favorite series!

message 6: by cat (last edited May 24, 2020 09:23PM) (new)

cat reads (thecatwhoreads) | 22 comments Yay! I really like this challenge.

Going to read The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal, winner of the Nebula Award for Best Novel 2018.

5/24/20 - CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 7: by cat (new)

cat reads (thecatwhoreads) | 22 comments Kimberly wrote: "Simone wrote: "The book I chose won the Nebula Award for Best Novella in 2017. I really enjoyed it. It's a series too. So I will read the others as well.

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells"

Cur..."

Agreed! <3 Murderbot