Play Book Tag discussion

You Are Not Alone
This topic is about You Are Not Alone
Archive: Other Books > You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen -- 2 stars

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
2 stars

Eh. At first I gave this one 3 stars, but upon reflection I am going with 2. Books by this writing duo are twisty-turny easy reads and keep pulling me along, but sometimes I think they try to be too clever (readers are hard to keep in suspense!) and it ends up with random facts being revealed in the final pages to surprise the reader but leave me scratching my head.

That was the case here. Honestly, I thought this was being set up to be a group of women revenge killers, which is WAY cooler than what we actually got. lol.

At the end of the day, the book was fine, but I have already dumped all the information from my brain to make room for other things.

message 2: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1259 comments I love your last sentence, Nicole. I often feel that way!

message 3: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy | 8529 comments Was so excited to open up one of your two star reviews! Those are a great way to start the day. I will stay away from this one.

message 4: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments I will go into this knowing it will be 2 stars, enjoy the fluff, and probably also give it 2 stars, haha.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments Joi wrote: "I will go into this knowing it will be 2 stars, enjoy the fluff, and probably also give it 2 stars, haha."

Yeah, it was totally a passable summer thriller. I probably should have given it 2.5 stars.

Have you read An Anonymous Girl? I actually think it is the best of the three they have written. Though that is a pretty low bar. lol

message 6: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy | 8529 comments I have Anonymous Girl in the house ready to go soon!

message 7: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments I gave An Anonymous Girl 4 stars, and The Wife Between Us 3 stars.

Looking back, I can totally remember An Anonymous Girl- I don't really remember The Wife Between Us. I had to read my own review to remember, lol.

2.5 passable summer thriller is totally my thing right now.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments Amy wrote: "I have Anonymous Girl in the house ready to go soon!"

I thought it was decent! Better than this one. But, it involves a therapist (I think? I really cannot remember these details) so you may be more critical of that aspect than I was. lol

message 9: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy | 8529 comments I truly hate therapy at in danger novels.... I do try to avoid them in principle. Not worth the nightmares!

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments Joi wrote: "2.5 passable summer thriller is totally my thing right now"

This is the best description I have yet seen of reading expectations during quarantine. lol

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments Amy wrote: "I truly hate therapy at in danger novels.... I do try to avoid them in principle. Not worth the nightmares!"

Well, without spoiling anything, the therapist is not the victim in this one!

message 12: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy | 8529 comments Then it deserves a second look’