A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

Other Discussions > Paperback/Hardcover/Kindle?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 588 comments Mod
Call me a control freak, but if I buy the first book of a series in paperback/kindle/hardcover, I kinda want the rest of the series in the same format.

message 2: by danni (new)

danni (judieduartie) My preference is hardback, paperback and then kindle. Although the majority of my shelf is paperbacks because they’re cheaper

message 3: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
i also want to have all the books in a series in the same format

message 4: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
i really like hardbacks, but when it comes to buying books i prefer to buy paperbacks since they are way cheaper. i usually read a book on kindle when i find a book that interests me and it's really cheap or if my father finds the book online for free

message 5: by Minal (new)

Minal (minal_me) | 25 comments I like paperbacks the most followed very closely by hardcovers.

message 6: by Key (new)

Key (keydevera) | 19 comments I prefer paperbacks since they’re easier on my wrists when I read them and then Kindle because of portability reasons. I don’t really buy that many hardbacks unless it’s a special edition.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) I honestly enjoy all forms except audiobooks. My series are always a mix of hardcovers and paperbacks😂

message 8: by Louia (new)

Louia (loukgx) | 9 comments I prefer kindle for portability. I travel as my job so its easy to slide in my handbag and means i have more than one book on hand at all times. Also once i finish a book in a series and I want to read the next i can download it in a second, rather than going out to buy or waiting for delivery. HOWEVER, I do love book shops and having paperbacks. If I had a normal day career i would probably have instead.

message 9: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I think since the shipping now is so messed up I am relying on my kindle way more.
I also use kindle for books that I'm not entirely sure will be my cup of tea. I always think it's a shame when you own a book in paperback/hardcover and you end up not liking it that much.

message 10: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I read using audiobooks because I have a reading disability that makes reading difficult for me. I love audiobooks because alot of the narrators are really talented when they bring the books to life and have such emotion to the story.

message 11: by Karina (new)

Karina Flores | 428 comments I used to not care if I had paperback or hardcover as long as the rest of the series followed the same format. Now i'm actually only buying hardcover simply because I tend to reread a lot of my books and with a paperback I feel like they fall apart the more I read them.

message 12: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Okay, controversial question: do you prefer your books kinda worn to give that 'well-read' look, or do you like it pristine?

I prefer mine in very good condition.

message 13: by Karina (new)

Karina Flores | 428 comments Good condition. I like the neat and perfect look/feel.

message 14: by becky (new)

becky  (lunalin) | 150 comments I have an addiction for paperback&hardcovers. Since, I have this ''feel'' of pages turned and all, if u get what I mean...I just love the sound of turning pages! I have yet to buy this ''book perfume'' in my bucketlist

message 15: by becky (new)

becky  (lunalin) | 150 comments Although, half of my books are in kindle, I'm gonna buy them all in paperbacks or hardcovers!!

message 16: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I love that sense of calmness you feel looking at a shelf of books

message 17: by gilliann (new)

gilliann | 40 comments i wish i had money to buy books! i always use libby to get books to my kindle.

message 18: by chabe (new)

chabe (darknessbooks) | 34 comments I really love hardcovers but it’s more comfortable to read in paperback

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 65 comments My favorites are really paperback!!!
Love them!

message 20: by gilliann (new)

gilliann | 40 comments my favorites are hardcovers. but i mostly read on my kindle due to the price and portability!!

message 21: by ♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

gilliann wrote: "my favorites are hardcovers. but i mostly read on my kindle due to the price and portability!!"

Very true

message 22: by KingdomReader (new)

KingdomReader Hardcovers! But I can do Paper back but I prefer hardcover.
Hardcover is easier to store and I enjoy the feel of them

message 23: by Sofia (new)

Sofia I definitely prefer hardcovers, but paperbacks are fine too. I get all my books from the library, so it doesn't really matter to me. I don't read e-books though.

message 24: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 524 comments My preference is paperbacks, but because of Covid-19 restrictions this year and limited access to libraries, I’ve been getting used to reading ebooks instead.

T.K. {Genie in a Novel} (genieinanovel) I prefer paperbacks, but I'm the same way as some others where if I buy the first of a series in a certain format, I like to keep the rest the same. I'm trying not to be as picky about it, but it's hard.

message 26: by Spriya (new)

Spriya | 242 comments I love a good mix of hardback/paperback. I just love the whole disorganized, homely vibe it gives on my shelves.

And I love a good worn in paperback book.