What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

And Baby Makes Two
This topic is about And Baby Makes Two
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, pregnant teen names her baby after a cleaning product. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 3 comments For some reason this came into my head and it's bugging me!

Circa 1998-2002 I read a book about a teenager who was pregnant. She names her baby something exotic sounding only to find out it's the name of a cleaning product.

That's all I really remember. Pretty sure it's told in first person and is a British book, but I could be wrong.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2203 comments It might be on one of these lists: YA Sex & Pregnancy Novels or Teen Pregnancy

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16925 comments I think Pheiffer's got it. The baby is named Shinola, which is apparently a brand of shoe polish.

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 3 comments Pheiffer wrote: "I think it's And Baby Makes Two"

It is!! Holy crap, I honestly thought no one would know what I was talking about...thank you!

message 6: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments Ah. I once knew someone named Cloreen so that's the direction I was going.

Pheiffer (phlipsie) | 16 comments Sarah wrote: "Pheiffer wrote: "I think it's And Baby Makes Two"

It is!! Holy crap, I honestly thought no one would know what I was talking about...thank you!"

I knew it because I searched for the book for quite a while too by searching for a baby named after shoe polish! Glad my search helped someone else :)

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 3 comments Pheiffer wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Pheiffer wrote: "I think it's And Baby Makes Two"

It is!! Holy crap, I honestly thought no one would know what I was talking about...thank you!"

I knew it because I s..."

I think it was the fact it was a shoe polish not a cleaning product that was why my Google searches were coming up blank. Honestly, I was beginning to think I'd imagined this crazy storyline...