What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction about an archeologist who has visions of her ancestor

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roisin (new)

Roisin | 2 comments *spoilers/description* The novel reads in both the perspective of the modern woman and her female ancestor who falls in love with a traveller who have a hard time conceiving a child, and the ancestor works as a healer. The ancestors mother died but her spirit animal was an owl that watched over her. The name began with a J but I cannot recall it. The modern day woman also falls in love with a male while out on an archeology trip, and they have a child together named Julia (I think). There is also a part about the modern woman comparing her toes (the second being longer than the first) to the body of the male she found, who was her ancestors husband/lover

Read sometime around 2014-2016/17

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Roisin, when and where does the archeologist have visions of her ancestor? What triggers them?

message 3: by Roisin (new)

Roisin | 2 comments From what I can remember there isn't a specific trigger or time that causes her visions, but before she has them I believe she smells peat smoke. She mostly has her visions when she is near the location of where her ancestors lived or objects associated with their lives.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
What is the heroine's ethnicity?

Where does she live - or work (country, region, well-known city, small town)?

message 5: by Eloise (new)

Eloise | 43 comments Sounds like the blurb for Women of the Dunes but that was published in 2018