Addicted to YA discussion

Miscellaneous > YA Fantasy Tropes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rishab (new)

Rishab Borah | 2 comments What are your favorite fantasy tropes? What are some fantasy tropes that are overused or underused? What interesting subversions, inversions, and aversions of common tropes can you think of?
I really think that Mesopotamian mythology is an underused trope. Mesopotamia has been one of the oldest civilizations on Earth; it really deserves more attention.
One of my favorite tropes is 'scientific magic,' as in magic which works systematically and for all intents and purposes is a programming system.

message 2: by Party Poison (new)

Party Poison [Disco Freak Show] (certifiedkilljoy) My favourite trope is hate to love romance. I swear it happened like 5 or 6 times in the Throne of Glass series and I never got sick of it. I love it. So much.

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) Mine is also hate to love, but I also like when one character, usually the male one, shows the female character that he is much nicer and better than she imagined. For example, Audrey Rose and Thomas from Stalking Jack the Ripper series. Audrey Rose thought that marriage was a cage, because for many women at that time, it kind of was. But Thomas showed her that he is not like other men and he loves her for how she is, if that makes sense?