Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author - my account is linked to Amazon but my new book isn't showing up

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 4 comments I added my asin B0883D8HQ1 and readers still can not leave a review or even say they added it to there catalogue. They are not linked and i havent changed my settings but all my other books are linked to amaxon

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21523 comments It has to be set as a Kindle for the link to work properly. I've fixed it.

However there's no reason anyone shouldn't have been able to review or add the book here. You should contact support, as it sounds like a site functionality issue.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6800 comments Someone is currently reading it.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21523 comments Ah! Well-spotted.

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 4 comments Danielle wrote: "I added my asin B0883D8HQ1 and readers still can not leave a review or even say they added it to there catalogue. They are not linked and i havent changed my settings but all my other books are lin..."

Thank you so much!

message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 4 comments Scott wrote: "It has to be set as a Kindle for the link to work properly. I've fixed it.

However there's no reason anyone shouldn't have been able to review or add the book here. You should contact support, as..."

what does this mean "Set as kindle"? Im having this issue again where my book isn't showing up and I don't want to have to bother every time

message 7: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8668 comments "Set as kindle" means that the format choice should be Kindle not ebook in order for editions with ASINs to connect to the corresponding Amazon page.

Ebook identification is used when the book record is an ebook with an ISBN

I have corrected your titles to conform to Goodreads cataloging requirements, to include capitalization in standard title case, and corrected the edition that had the ASIN in the title field, as well as correcting the format.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments In the format field, use kindle instead of ebook, if it is sold on amazon and has an asin number.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14480 comments When you add a book you have to make the format Kindle, not ebook.

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 4 comments Emily wrote: "When you add a book you have to make the format Kindle, not ebook."

Got it, thank you!