What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen Fantasy Adventure. It's assumed that the main protagonist is a person up until the final paragraph when it's reveald to be an insect of some kind. The story ends with this bug floating down stream on a leaf, twig, branch or the like.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited May 18, 2020 01:41PM) (new)

David | 2 comments All I remember is at the end of the story it's revealed that the main protagonist is an insect of some sort and the story ends with it floating down stream on a twig, leaf or the like. The only other thing that I remember is that this insect, that you do not know is an insect until the end, sees Michelangelo's statue of David on its travels. I read this book over 20 years ago but I don't know what year it was written and I can't remeber the name of the author. Sorry I don't have more information.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19046 comments Is the book for kids, teens, or adults?

message 3: by David (new)

David | 2 comments I brought the book in my late teens early 20s and really enjoyed it, I'm pretty sure that's the age group it was intended for. It's a story of adventure and self descovery of the main protagonist that turns out to be an insect, bug, beetle... (I don't remeber exactly what kind of insect it is). It's not a childrens book of only a few pages. It's a proper book. I remeber bying the book, from a seconhad book shop, based on nothing more than its title and the author. Even though I can't remeber the title or author I'm sure it's a well know book wrote by a famouse author or atleast it was at the time. The book is wrote in such a way that the reader assumes that the main protagonist is a person. It's not reavealed until the final paragraph that it's a bug of some sort.