What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Comic book girl with pink hair meets people for different world

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blue (new)

Blue | 3 comments So this is a comic book series that can not find anymore. I don’t remember much about the name or the name of the main character. However the main character was a girl with pink hair who wore them in space buns. The story followed her in middle or high school where she meets these two kids. One boy with orange hair and one girl with purple hair. They come from other world where the boy turn out to be an orange cat and the girl with purple hair a flower. I’m sure the girl with purple hair was named violet. They end up teaming up to stop this man in a big robot machine from something that I can not remember. At the time I was ready this book with the new at the time Coraline book at my school library. Somewhere between the years 2008-2013.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34379 comments Mod
Something from the Tokyo Mew Mew series by Mia Ikumi?

Search = https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsear... > Keyword: cat girls | Subject: manga | 1990-2016 ? | Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (baticeer) | 51 comments I am not the original poster but I do know Tokyo Mew Mew very well and I'm pretty sure that's not it, it has none of the other details (the main character's friends are a group of four other girls not a girl and a boy, the villains are young alien boys there's no man in a big robot machine).

Blue, do you remember if it was a manga or an American comic? Was it in black & white, or color? Anything about the art style (realistic, cartoony)?

message 4: by Blue (new)

Blue | 3 comments It was American and the art style was very cartoon like. Almost like dork diary’s but it was in full color and the whole page was pictures like a traditional comic.

message 5: by Dippy (new)

Dippy | 11 comments I know exactly the book you’re talking about and I can’t remember what it’s called either. The main girl had a best friend called Pumpkin and the girl from the other world she meets is called Inej and I think the boy is called Thomas

message 6: by Dippy (new)

Dippy | 11 comments She lives in a town that’s in between the regular world and the fantasy world

message 7: by Dippy (new)

Dippy | 11 comments At one point she goes to the fair or something and her best friend gets mad at her for hanging out with Thomas

message 8: by Dippy (new)

Dippy | 11 comments Inej is like a catty mean girl who really likes fashion or whatever

message 9: by Dippy (new)

Dippy | 11 comments Ok no this is probably a different book embarrassingly, it just sounds so similar, especially how the boy and girl are a cat and a flower I remember that vividly

message 10: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Do you happen to remember the genre? Like was it a cutesy comic or was it horror? I sort of remember something that sounds similar to this that was a horror story but barely.

message 11: by Blue (new)

Blue | 3 comments For what I can remember it was more on the lighter side, not very horrible more comedic and adventurous.

message 12: by Vvvv (new)

Vvvv | 1 comments hello!! I was actually looking for this book as well and i just found the title. It's called Nola's world by Mathieu Mariolle! I hope this is the book :)

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16894 comments Changing Moon for the link to Vvvv's suggestion.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Changing Moon (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mia Ikumi (other topics)