Play Book Tag discussion

Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows
This topic is about Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows
May 2020: Comedy > [Poll Ballot] Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1182 comments This ended up being a really cute book, but with some mystery and unsolved crimes thrown in.

The book opens with Mindi (a young Punjabi woman living in London) deciding to pursue an arranged marriage. I thought the book would be about Mindi - instead the book really follows her sister Nikki.

Nikki has rejected most of the "traditional" Punjabi lifestyle and is considered to be a modern girl in the London-Indian community.

However, needing a job, Nikki begins teaching what she thinks will be a creative writing class for widows in the Punjabi community. And it turns out the stories the widows want to tell aren't what anyone expected.

By the end of the book, Nikki's modern sensibilities and the widows' more traditional views seem to meet somewhere in the middle.

Throughout the book, we get glimpses of Mindi's search for an arranged marriage. I hope there is a sequel!

Meli (melihooker) | 3407 comments My book club is reading this for May but I haven't started yet. Looking forward to it!