Play Book Tag discussion

Hideaway
This topic is about Hideaway
Archive: Other Books > [Poll Ballot] Hideaway by Nora Roberts 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1597 comments Hideaway by Nora Roberts
4 stars

Nora Roberts is one of my favorite writers. Her writing always pulls me in and makes me forget world around me and this book was no different. She my go to writer when I'm stressed because she helps me forget the world around me and everything works out in the end.

In this book the story follows Cate. It starts with a celebration of life party for her Grandda who had passed away, she's 10 years old, and is kidnapped. The story follows her escape, the capture of her kidnappers and her life that follows.

The story is interesting as it follows Cate through her life. I didn't really appreciate that the main villain of the story shares a name with me and had an affinity for plastic surgery, but oh well, she's hilarious. That villain is part of my main complaint about the book. I wasn't really thrilled about the end. (view spoiler)

Overall, I really enjoyed the book although it is not my all time favorite. I look forward for future Nora books!!

Thank you to St. Martin's Press for an advanced copy of the book in exchange for an honest review!

message 2: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Oooh look at you getting an ARC!!
This is on my TBR. I feel like I should be reading more Nora.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments I totally agree with the resolution of this on! But overall I thought it was a pretty solid novel.

Have you read her one previous to this (I think it was the one just before), Under Currents? I think I liked it slightly more. But perhaps I am being influenced by the pretty purple cover. Lol

Charlotte | 1597 comments Nicole R wrote: "I totally agree with the resolution of this on! But overall I thought it was a pretty solid novel.

Have you read her one previous to this (I think it was the one just before), Under Currents? I t..."

Out of all of her new format books, Under Currents is my favorite as well. Shelter in Place is my least favorite.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments Out of all of her new format books, Under Currents is my favorite as well. Shelter in Place is my least favorite.."

I did not like that a mass shooting was the tragedy in Shelter in Place. It was right after a mass shooting (Vegas, maybe?), which she couldn't have known when she started writing, but it definitely was an aspect I didn't like.

I did like the side character of CiCi! I think she was the lead female's grandma, maybe? I do think that Nora writes great supporting characters.

message 6: by Charlotte (last edited May 12, 2020 07:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte | 1597 comments Nicole R wrote: "I did not like that a mass shooting was the tragedy in Shelter in Place. It was ..."

For me it wasn't the mass shooting, it was similar to this one. I really loved the first 3 parts of the book and then the 4th part seemed to drag on and on, never getting to the action that you know is coming. Then, with just a handful of pages left, you get an anticlimactic resolution on the action and barely any resolution on everything else. I would love for the climax to happen in the middle of the 4th part with the rest resolving all the little threads and then giving an epilogue of sorts on how happily ever after they all lived.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hideaway (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)