Reading Envy Readers discussion

Readalong: Ducks, Newburyport > Ducks Week 4: May 10-16 525-659

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 992 comments Mod
Hoo boy I am currently 50 pages behind and a day behind in posting this! Let's catch up this week and read a little extra, shall we?

Here is discussion for pages 525-659ish.

message 2: by Mina (new)

Mina (minaphillips) | 29 comments I would like to delude myself into thinking I can catch up but believe it is a pie in the sky dream. I'm enjoying the discussions but moving this book back to someday.

Mina wrote: "I would like to delude myself into thinking I can catch up but believe it is a pie in the sky dream. I'm enjoying the discussions but moving this book back to someday."

In some ways it feels like you can be at any point in the book and discuss the book - I'm interested to see if it shifts in any significant way or if it's more of the same. I think only the lioness seems to have a story that changes!

message 4: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Cairns | 37 comments It’s interesting as I felt the same way, but some pretty big thoughts are just dropped in there at the beginning of Week 5 (I’m racing on as on a roll) which may lead to some interesting discussion.

message 5: by Mina (new)

Mina (minaphillips) | 29 comments Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "Mina wrote: "I would like to delude myself into thinking I can catch up but believe it is a pie in the sky dream. I'm enjoying the discussions but moving this book back to someday."

In some ways i..."

Good to know! Maybe there is hope for me yet.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 22 comments At p464 but hopeful I can catch up.

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail | 37 comments I can't really join in as I binged the entire audio version, but would like to encourage you all on. I always look here to see what your thoughts are.

So I was really behind, and from pages 535-562, Lucy changes her writing style to a vertical list, almost looks like a poem. Why do you think she did this? Is it because it is all future thinking, and fits more under "x will x"? I notice it doesn't happen again...