Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Read Sci-fi or Fantasy Short Story

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian Cura | 26 comments Hi everyone! Just thought I would let you know I am available to beta read sci-fi or fantasy short stories. I don't have many triggers, just nothing that involves rape, incest or extreme gore.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Cook | 20 comments Hi! I am in the search of the beta reader in the first chapter of my sci-fi novel.
Plot: Girl meets young alien boy
For beta readers, I have a small questioner after reading. The questions are mostly about the story itself.
If interested, please DM me or send e-mail chris.cook0275@gmail.com

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike McGinty | 16 comments Hi Christian
I'm looking for someone to beta read my MS called ENTROPY which (after reviewing your reading list) I thought you might enjoy. I'm from Australia but have used American English so I need someone to point out any discrepancies.

It’s not His job to find the catalyst to overcome entropy, but if he does, He can save humanity from extinction.

After he is reprimanded for using Aleph-1 to search the pre-Enlightenment data archives for the catalyst — a serious violation of the Guidelines — a man's utopian life is shattered when He wakes to find his wife murdered. He knows he is innocent, but with his hands soaked in her blood, who will believe him? After fleeing from the over-crowded city, He is plunged into another world unrecognizable for its blood-red wastelands, empty mega-cities, and receding oceans — a dangerous place inhabited by the remnants of mankind where He teams up with a pair of remnants who can help him reverse the decline. But a chance meeting with the Thinker, an enigmatic loner, reveals that, not only has Aleph-1 fabricated his whole life to increase his productivity as it harvests his thoughts for the Cantor Infinity Drive, but the decline of the human species is almost complete. Now he must decide whether to save his companions or all the knowledge of mankind on the Infinity Drive.

Set in the near-future, ENTROPY strips away the attributes that make us human, from our names to the reason we exist. With an undercurrent of present-day themes (including our obsession with everything digital; climate change; over-population; religion; corporate greed; and disruptive activism), ENTROPY asks the question: What is the catalyst that will start our decline? If He can find the answer, then he holds the future of our species in his hands — unless it is already too late.

ENTROPY is a 100K-word hard science-fiction novel that draws on keystones of Ray Bradbury’s FAHRENHEIT 451, Cormac McCarthy’s THE ROAD, Dan Simmons’ HYPERION, and William Gibson’s NEUROMANCER.

Please DM me or email mikemcginty333@gmail.com
Cheers

message 4: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey | 23 comments Hi Christian,

I have a 10,000 word fantasy short story about a young goddess born into a small village who must journey with two of her closest human worshipers to the heavenly throne to prove herself worthy in the eyes of the pantheon and learn how to use her divine power to protect and nurture her people. Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you!