Shadowhunters Chat! discussion

Character Chats! > Week 8- Matthew Fairchild

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) | 862 comments Mod
These week y'all and I are going to be discussing Matthew Fairchild!
He won with 4 more votes than the others and 5 more than 1, so he was clearly a winner.

Info about him-
Looks-https://shadowhunters.fandom.com/wiki... i'm in love...
Age- 17 in books
Height- 5'10
Eyes-Dark green
Hair- Blond
Lives in London, mom, Charlotte Fairchild, is Consul
Parabatai of James Herondale

message 2: by Lia (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Omg Matthew....😭🥰
I just read that he's going to tell Cordelia what he did in Cast Long Shadows. Hmmmmm does that mean something?🤔😏

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Yeah, he has a crush on her

message 4: by Tessa (new)

I feel so bad

message 5: by Tessa (new)

I honestly ship them more than Jordelia though

message 6: by J.L.V (new)

J.L.V (astascen) | 24 comments I love him I just want him to be okay the only ship I have for him right now it's Matthew x happiness

message 7: by Lia (last edited May 11, 2020 09:38AM) (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments Tessa HC (onceuponabookworm) wrote: "I honestly ship them more than Jordelia though"

Same!!!😍 I'm kind of annoyed with the way James acted and I know he was bewitched but still......... I really hope Cassie brings Matthew & Cordelia together!!!🥺

message 8: by Lia (last edited May 11, 2020 09:40AM) (new)

Lia Carstairs (chainofnovels) | 212 comments jules wrote: "I love him I just want him to be okay the only ship I have for him right now it's Matthew x happiness"

So true. Matthew deserves all the happiness he can get.😥

message 9: by Tessa (new)

I still kinda ship him and James

message 10: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments I love Matthew but after what he did in Ghosts of the Shadow Market I'm just- ASDFGHJKL

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments For me, I’m a100% Jordelia shipper and I don’t think Matthew should be with Cordelia. But I do think he should get with someone. I’ve googled it, but I can’t figure out who he gets married too, so I think he maybe becomes a mundane? But I love him sm and him and James are really such good friends.

message 12: by J.L.V (new)

J.L.V (astascen) | 24 comments cc said that the family tree has already betrayed us so I don't have any idea how this is gonna end up I just know im gonna suffer ;(

message 13: by Tessa (new)

Hahahahahahahaha. I mean, Jordelia is probably still going to be final though, like it says in the family tree. And for some reason in the family tree it also says Christopher Lightwood and Grace Blackthorn so I'm curious how that's going to play out

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments yeah! But if grace and Christopher do get together she better soften up

message 15: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments I haven't read Chain of Gold yet (but my library is doing a drive-thru pick up!!) but I already ship James and Cordelia hahaha

message 16: by Tessa (new)

☀︎Elena In Oz☀︎ wrote: "yeah! But if grace and Christopher do get together she better soften up"

Oh yes. I wonder how that happened? I never imagined them together

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments yes. they’re only interaction was when Christopher had to take her back home after the demon attack in the picnic I believe.

message 18: by Tessa (new)

And he explained to her this scientific thing that was supposed to gross her out or something. What I know was that she wasn’t into it

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments lmao yeah. I kinda wonder if they end up being mundanes (Cassie said that some ppl in the family tree did) but I don’t think they will just because Christopher develops the fire message thing. But anyway, what do you guys think will happen with Mattew’s alcoholic addiction?

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments And I guess it’s more of a problem than an addiction but 😔

message 21: by Tessa (last edited May 14, 2020 08:49AM) (new)

I really want him to just be happy. He needs to quit alcohol for that. I don't give a rats butt who he ends up with anymore. I just want him to be HAPPY. Is that too much to ask, Cassie? I swear if he dies I will too

message 22: by Tessa (new)

And he needs to back off of Cordelia. I say that in the nicest way possible. Honey, she's James's now. I'm sorry

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments YES. I agree 100%. He needs to find someone else, and I say that in the kindest way ever.