Glitter Guide Book Lovers discussion

Midnight Sun (The Twilight Saga, #5)
This topic is about Midnight Sun
Are you a Twilight fan?!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (last edited May 11, 2020 08:35AM) (new)

Taylor Sterling (taylorsterling) | 52 comments Mod
Are you a fan of the Twilight series? I read the books and watched the films. I was older than most of the Twilight fandom, but I have no shame in that I enjoyed the books. I find adding young adult novels to my stack feels fresh and is a change of pace from what I normally read. It may stem from my nostalgic tendencies.

Will you be reading the new Twilight book "Midnight Sun" coming out in August? This will be told from Edward's perspective. It's been twelve years since the last book was published! Will you be able to jump back in?

Or is this just something you could care less about? I would love to know!

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Welker | 44 comments Mod
I wish I could accurately describe my obsession with the Twilight series when it first came out. I made my bf at the time go with me to stand in line at midnight every time a new book was released. I was in college and still had a massive Edward poster on my wall with zero shame.

But no, I have zero interest in Midnight Sun 😂. Books like this sometimes feel unnecessary to me. Like the author is just doing it for more $$? IDK. I think the series was wrapped up nicely and it's not super necessary to revisit it.

message 3: by Taylor (new)

So interesting! I would have guessed you had zero interest in this series! Sometimes I forget that you're like 5 years younger than me and that maybe this came out at the perfect time for you. Not that it matters anyway.

I totally see why you would say that about the new book. I will read it out of curiosity. I think this comes from the leaked online book that came out years ago that caused such a stir! Maybe this is her way to give them the real thing even though it took her so so long to do it? Either way, I'm down for it!

Morgan | 3 comments I was obsessed with the Twilight books (and I was in my mid twenties when I read them.) I actually read the leaked chapters of the new book years ago and was pleasantly surprised by it. It has a lot of Edward's past and goes into more detail about his time spent with the Denali clan.

I had just gotten back into reading when I found that series, so my tastes may have changed since then, but I'm excited to see where she took the story. If anything, it'll be fun to relive the first book which was my favorite.

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Viklund (brittanyviklund) | 11 comments Ahahahah thank you for this nostalgia!! I was in college & caught onto the Twilight saga right before the 4th book was released when I stumbled upon a massive display at a Boarders & was instantly interested in the hype. I read the first 3 books virtually overnight, immediately signed onto #TeamEdward (though now I’m much more of a #TeamJacob gal) & waited in line at midnight for the 4th book.

I remember when all the drama about Midnight Sun was leaked. I had no idea it was going to be released after all this time— I’m definitely on board with that!

Funny story, when I was a pre-K teacher my assistant teacher (who was a good 10 years older than me) wore an Edward shirt of some type EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. She had dozens of them in many varieties. I will always think of his face plastered on her shirts when I think of him.

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Morgan wrote: "I was obsessed with the Twilight books (and I was in my mid twenties when I read them.) I actually read the leaked chapters of the new book years ago and was pleasantly surprised by it. It has a lo..."

I feel this way too! I think it will be fun to step back into that world for a little bit!

message 7: by Taylor (new)

Brittany wrote: "Ahahahah thank you for this nostalgia!! I was in college & caught onto the Twilight saga right before the 4th book was released when I stumbled upon a massive display at a Boarders & was instantly ..."

Haha! That is funny. I'd like to see that epic collection!

message 8: by Lendy (new)

Lendy | 4 comments I was into Twilight! Haha! I didn’t have a poster but I was definitely Team Edward😂😉 I always have a YA novel in my rotation because they lighten things up especially during these times. I ain’t gonna lie—I’ll probably read the new book. Even if I feel a little jaded like Samantha about Stephanie Meyer 🤑 but *Team Edward gots to know LOL and maybe it’ll distract me from all the doom and gloom.

message 9: by Taylor (new)

Lendy wrote: "I was into Twilight! Haha! I didn’t have a poster but I was definitely Team Edward😂😉 I always have a YA novel in my rotation because they lighten things up especially during these times. I ain’t go..."

Def Team Edward too! I gotta know what happens from his side!