Challenge Corner discussion

More Than Just a Pretty Face
This topic is about More Than Just a Pretty Face
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > More Than Just a Pretty Face by Syed M. Masood --> Starting May 13th 2020

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 18483 comments Mod
Danyal Jilani doesn't lack confidence. He may not be the smartest guy in the room, but he's funny, gorgeous, and going to make a great chef one day. His father doesn't approve of his career choice, but that hardly matters. What does matter is the opinion of Danyal's longtime crush, the perfect-in-all-ways Kaval, and her family, who consider him a less than ideal arranged marriage prospect.

When Danyal gets selected for Renaissance Man--a school-wide academic championship--it's the perfect opportunity to show everyone he's smarter than they think. He recruits the brilliant, totally-uninterested-in-him Bisma to help with the competition, but the more time Danyal spends with her...the more he learns from her...the more he cooks for her...the more he realizes that happiness may be staring him right in his pretty face.

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 50027 comments Mod
24%: (view spoiler)

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

48%: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

77%: (view spoiler)
100%: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm behind! I started a book yesterday morning that took all day to read ugh. Hopefully start this today!

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol I figured I could knock out more ARCs before diving into my physical book read.. which I only got 7 chapters into yesterday. Hoping to finish that today.

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

I didn't read at all on Saturday so that put me behind. But oh well

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hahaha I really wanted to knock out some physical books this weekend and that didn’t happen.

message 9: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina wrote: "24%: [spoilers removed]"

Agreed! (view spoiler)

message 10: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

24% (view spoiler)

message 11: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

50% (view spoiler)

message 12: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina wrote: "48%: [spoilers removed]"

Agreed! You can make good money as a chef so why is it a huge deal?

message 13: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

75% (view spoiler)

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

lmaao I'm loving all your comments!

message 15: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ha, this is really good! I'm going to try to finish at work by being sneaky. I love learning about the culture

message 16: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

finished (view spoiler)