Challenge Corner discussion

Pretty Funny for a Girl
This topic is about Pretty Funny for a Girl
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > Pretty Funny for a Girl by Rebecca Elliott --> Starting May 16th 2020

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 19689 comments Mod
Haylah Swinton is an ace best friend, a loving daughter, and an incredibly patient sister to a four-year-old nutcase of a brother. Best of all, she's pretty confident she's mastered making light of every situation--from her mom's new boyfriend to unsolicited remarks on her plus-sized figure. Haylah's learning to embrace all of her curvy parts and, besides, she has a secret: one day, she'll be a stand-up comedian star.

So when impossibly cool and thirstalicious Leo reveals he's also into comedy, Haylah jumps at the chance to ghost-write his sets. But is Leo as interested in returning the favor? Even though her friends warn her of Leo's intentions, Haylah's not ready to listen--and she might just be digging herself deeper toward heartbreak. If Haylah's ever going to step into the spotlight, first she'll need to find the confidence to put herself out there and strut like the boss she really is.

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 53336 comments Mod
Ch. 6: (view spoiler)

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ch 15: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ch 24: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

message 6: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

I hope you liked this! I'm excited to start it someday lol

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ehhhh it was okay

message 8: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Boo. Okay

message 9: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

finally read this!
ch 9 (view spoiler)
ch 16 (view spoiler)
ch 22 (view spoiler)
finished (view spoiler)

message 10: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

I guess that's true, I forgot about that part. But still just an okay read