Albany Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2020 What are you Reading? > What are you reading this week? Mystery Recommendations (May 11 to May 17)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 286 comments Mod
May is mystery month! I have been enjoying lots of mystery tv shows and books this month. I just started Shine, title for this month's Forever (Young) Adult Book Club.

I am always looking for more suggestions. Best mysteries you have read this year, or favorite stand alone or series mysteries . Please leave your suggestions below!

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren C | 81 comments Kate wrote: "May is mystery month! I have been enjoying lots of mystery tv shows and books this month. I just started Shine, title for this month's Forever (Young) Adult Book Club.

I am always ..."

I'm reading The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz, which is kind of a mystery, although maybe not a traditional one. I'm struggling getting through it, although it's good-- it might just not be what I'm in the mood for right now. It reminds me of the Stephanie Plum series, which I really enjoyed.

message 3: by Mirkat (new)

Mirkat | 206 comments Currently listening to The Girl Who Lived Twice .

message 4: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 80 comments Mod
Mirkat wrote: "Currently listening to The Girl Who Lived Twice."

I listened to the audiobook for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo years ago. The narrator was good, but it felt incredibly long at the time. It was one of the first audiobooks I ever listened to, so that's probably why. It was also a little more graphic than I was ready for, and I haven't had the stomach to jump back into the series.

I started reading Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray. It's a sort of paranormal horror mystery and the third book in the Diviners series.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.