CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2020 Weekly Threads > Week 19 - What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 698 comments Mod
What is everyone reading this week?

I'm still working my way through The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1. It's been a number of years since I've read these stories and I'm actually a bit surprised by how much I remember. The Sherlock stories truly are memorable. I'm also working on Rome: A History in Seven Sackings which is a fairly clever way of condensing the history of the city into more manageable pieces. The book is easy to read and informative but definitely needs another glance by an editor. If I can finish that, I'm going to read The Beast Player which looks amazing. Also reading some manga- D.Gray-Man.

Tells us your reads!

The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume I (Book #1) by Arthur Conan Doyle Rome A History in Seven Sackings by Matthew Kneale The Beast Player by Nahoko Uehashi D. Gray-Man 13 El lamento de la oscuridad by Katsura Hoshino

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 447 comments I finished reading The ABC Murders, and am still working on Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert, and am eyeing my to be read pile to see what should come next. I'll also be checking out the graphic novels on Hoopla.

The A.B.C. Murders (Hercule Poirot, #13) by Agatha Christie Committed A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert

message 3: by Arlice (new)

Arlice M | 85 comments I am currently reading Ruthless Gods by Emily A Duncan, A Bad Day For Sunshine by Darynda Jones and The Return by Rachel Harris.
Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2) by Emily A. Duncan A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1) by Darynda Jones
The Return by Rachel Harrison

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello. I hope everyone is doing well. I am currently reading "Stingrays" by James Patterson. I also just finished "Devil's Corner" by Lisa Scottoline.