Romantic Reading discussion

Introduce Yourself Here!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) Hello! I am BookNerd! My favorite authors are Marissa Meyer, Kiera Cass, and Cassandra Clare. My favorite book (currently) is Heartless, because I am retreading it and falling in love with it again ❤️ I love to read past my bedtime but I am usually caught:( I love romance (obviously), fantasy, YA, and contemporary!

Tell us a little about yourself and let me be the first to welcome you to this group! Glad you could join;)

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (monique1109) Hi, my name is Monique (my German passport sais Monika Magdalena), I live in Brittany, France and write novels in English, as I can write English much better than German or French.

My novels span several genres: Fantasy, YA coming off age, Crime and Romance, or better ALL my stories have a romance in them, but the contexts could hardly be any more different.

My personal reading preference at this time are romance novels with lesbian characters, but I read other books as well, especially well researched historial novels, Bernard Cornwell is my favourite author in that department, but there also is Olivia Waite and her: "The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics" that I can comfortably recommend!

It's nice to be here and I hope you'll all be comfortable with me writing the "Queen's" English, that is getting more and more different from the US-American version.

message 3: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) Welcome, Monique!

Audrey_With_Books (audrey_with_books_) | 29 comments Mod
Hello! I'm Audrey and I'm the runner of this group! I made a couple of games for y'all to entertain yourselves with.

I love to read books, and I will with my mom, two cats, and my sister in New York.

Me and my sister are both still in school (online of course ;)

I enjoy watching youtube and reading!

My favorite animals are cats. They're SO cute!

I love to create art, and I play a ton of sports, one being volleyball.

message 5: by Becca da, Moderator Becca/Co-owner (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 34 comments Mod
Hello y'all! My name is Becca. My favorite authors include Kasie West, Morgan Matson, and Sarah Dessen.

My favorite genres are contemporary, paranormal, romance, chick-lit, and fantasy.

My favorite book by Kasie West is The Fill-In Boyfriend. My favorite book by Morgan Matson is Since You've Been Gone. And my favorite book by Sarah Dessen is The Rest of the Story.

@BookNerd haha, I also read past my bedtime. Part of the benefit of staying in quarantine is that I get read till 2:00 AM lol.

I am currently reading Every Other Weekend by Abigail Johnson and it is SUPER good.:)

Ok that's basically it. Friend me if you want to discuss YA romance books.

-Becca da Romance Queen<3

message 6: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Patterson | 6 comments Hello everyone my name is Meagan. I am pretty much obsessed with romance sub genre doesn't matter I pretty much read it all. some of my favorite authors are Sarah j Mass, Mia Sheridan, Samantha young, Cassandra Claire, Kasie West, and Susan Stoker to name a few.

message 7: by Ava (new)

Ava (avatheadventurousreader) | 4 comments Heyy guys! My name's Ava!

I love YA Romance, Fantasy, Action, and pretty much anything recommended to me!

My favorite authors, are Kiera Cass, Marissa Meyer, Stephanie Meyer, Stephanie Kate Strohm, Jenny Han, and Marie Lu!

Favorite book of all time: Warcross, and unfortunately I think it was better than the sequel, but good nonetheless.

As for facts about me: I have 5 pet chickies, so CUTE! I love to cook and bake. I am obsessed with books, and feel like online school is working me to death.

Hope we can get along,
Ava~

message 8: by Becca da, Moderator Becca/Co-owner (new)

Thanks for joining everyone!

message 9: by LydiaA (new)

LydiaA Hey, I'm Lyd
Actually, I'm not what you would call a romance fan, but I wanted to join this group because I'm curious to see why other people love romance novels so much, and maybe see if I am missing out on something.
Hope that's all good.
I like adventure novels, historical fiction novels, and some sci-fi and fantasy novels.
And I have read SOME romance novels. I've read some John Green, Stephanie Meyer, and so on.
My favorite series right now is the Half Bad Trilogy by Sally Green, and that series definitely has romantic elements in it.
Also, I'm going to warn you guys, I tend to talk (or write) a lot, and sometimes I end up posting multiple paragraph responses to simple questions. sorry about that.

message 10: by Becca da, Moderator Becca/Co-owner (new)

16LydiaA4 wrote: "Hey, I'm Lyd
Actually, I'm not what you would call a romance fan, but I wanted to join this group because I'm curious to see why other people love romance novels so much, and maybe see if I am mis..."

Welcome, Lyd! We are so happy to have everyone here! Romance is a big genre and it is a great one! It's ok if you write paragraphs. Thank you for joining!
-Becca<3

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

hello! i absolutely love romance novels even if im 13!!!
im so excited to be in the group

I'm so excited that all of you joined! This group is more laid back, but we have a lot of exciting things! There are some Fun and Games discussions, if you haven't seen them already. Thank you guys so much! :D Happy reading!
-Audrey

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Audrey_With_Books wrote: "I'm so excited that all of you joined! This group is more laid back, but we have a lot of exciting things! There are some Fun and Games discussions, if you haven't seen them already. Thank you guys..."
😀

message 14: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (monique1109) Akhila J❤ wrote: "hello! i absolutely love romance novels even if im 13!!!
im so excited to be in the group"

Did someone tell you you're too young? Why should you not love romance novels at 13 years old?

message 15: by River ❤️ (new)

River ❤️ Yeah seriously!
I’m 13 and I love romance novels!

message 16: by River ❤️ (new)

River ❤️ Sorry. I’m Brooke. I am 13 years old.
I love reading romance novels(obviously), some fantasy, and some historical fiction.
My absolute favourite things to do are sing, play piano, learn guitar, and write songs.
I just LOVE music!

message 17: by Becca da, Moderator Becca/Co-owner (new)

Thanks for joining y’all! Too young? Pfft, I started my first YA book when I was barely ten.😊 The key is PASSION and maturity!❤️❤️

message 18: by ~tea~ (new)

~tea~ (tina_does) Hiyo! I’m Tina I am 13 years old,
I like reading romance and fantasy but I’ll read pretty much anything lol.
I enjoy reading, watching anime, and playing the sims 4 lol.
Hehe

message 19: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) Welcome, Tina! So glad you joined!;)

message 20: by Becca da, Moderator Becca/Co-owner (new)

Welcome y’all! Thanks for joining!!

message 21: by Lilli Gilliam (new)

Lilli Gilliam hey! My name is Lilli!
So, is this group just romance books, or is it clean romance books?

message 22: by LydiaA (new)

LydiaA Fantasy and Felines wrote: "hey! My name is Lilli!
So, is this group just romance books, or is it clean romance books?"

What's clean to you?

Fantasy and Felines wrote: "hey! My name is Lilli!
So, is this group just romance books, or is it clean romance books?"

All romance :)