The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Gone (Gone, #1)
This topic is about Gone
Characters > Diana or Astrid?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shona (shona_s) | 16 comments I would like to know if you prefer Diana or Astrid? I don't think anyone will respond to this discussion though. But am I the only one who isn't a fan of Astrid and thinks Diana is really cool? (Please post your comments of what you think! :) Thanks <3

K.E. (HowTheHoursGoBy) (howthehoursgoby) | 8 comments Shona wrote: "I would like to know if you prefer Diana or Astrid? I don't think anyone will respond to this discussion though. But am I the only one who isn't a fan of Astrid and thinks Diana is really cool? (Pl..."

Nah, I think there’s a lot of people that feel like that. I tried to get myself to like Astrid through the series but by the third book I just couldn’t. I was a little mixed on Diana through the first couple of books, but by the later ones I started loving her. I feel like Astrid is far too arrogant and, by the later books, horrible, for me to care about her at all. Meanwhile, Diana was getting better and better.

message 3: by Love2read (last edited Nov 01, 2020 06:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Love2read | 15 comments I read the series a while ago so my memory isn't too great, but I definitely liked Diana better than Astrid at the end, whereas at the beginning it was the other way round.

Diana had always been an interesting character, but her development got a lot of attention and was done well. On the other hand Astrid had moments throughout the books which depicted her as arrogant, immature and hypocritical, and I know she is a better person than that, but Grant didn't resolve her arc enough at the end to show it properly. So readers were left with a slightly bitter taste in their mouth in regards to her character.

So I can understand why some readers dislike her, but I don't agree with blind Astrid hate because she does have some good qualities, is kind of badass, and is different from other heroines.

Abby (abby_kronenberg) | 2 comments I think that they are both pretty cool, but Diana just holds some sort of a special place in my heart for some reason.

Dylan Flanagan | 2 comments Yeah, going for Diana, she was more interesting and less self obsessed.

message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 2 comments I had a book crush on Diana, I'm straight but she is the book exception to that rule. Diana was a badarse with more cunning and smarts than Astrid could have ever dreamed of. Don't get me wrong, Astrid added a lot to the series..... but she was quite bland without any characters around to make her seem important to the story. Diana could have been a solo act and I would have enjoyed the book with her alone. Astrid on the other hand.....