Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Another Author's Bookcover on mine

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon Northouse | 6 comments Just logged in today and another author's book cover has mysteriously been imposed over my boxset cover - WTF! - How does that even happen? I cannot even upload new covers to override my OWN old covers - and yet, somehow this has happened with a completely different author/book!
Can anyone advise how to remedy this? (and how it could happen in the first place?)

Simon Northouse

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23153 comments Simon, which book is having the problem?

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon Northouse | 6 comments Hi Sandra,
The Shooting Star Series: Books 1-4 (my book)
but it has the cover of Jason Ayres book instead.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13659 comments I see two editions, both with your name on the box: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23153 comments I only saw your cover for the box set when I checked.

And since then you added the new edition and another librarian added the Alternative Cover notes to the books.

And according to the log, no other cover was added or deleted.

message 6: by Simon (new)

Simon Northouse | 6 comments Well, from where I'm sitting I see the cover of "Time Bubble" by Jason Ayres as the cover for my boxset "The Shooting Star Series: Books 1-4".
I wish I could post a screenshot...
Simon

message 7: by Simon (new)

Simon Northouse | 6 comments If you click on the cover/link then the next page does display my cover - or at least an older version of mine. But on the main page, it is definitely Time Bubble.
Simon

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23153 comments Simon, I still see your 2 covers. I just checked The Time Bubble, and I don't see anything like that on your profile.

Did you check out the edition link that lethe posted in msg #4? If so, what do you see?

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23153 comments Those are the 2 covers I see also.

message 10: by Simon (new)

Simon Northouse | 6 comments Okay, thanks to everyone for your efforts! Yes, I can now see the correct cover - not sure what was going on from my end but problem solved.
Thank you
Simon