Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Seeking several (paid) beta readers for 144k sci-fi novel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Hankins | 6 comments Hello all, back again for round two. My manuscript is now on it's second draft, and I now really want someone with a great eye for details, the larger image, and themes.

Beyond that, I'm interested in

- thorough feedback that includes what you enjoyed and what you didn't,
- character likability,
- character arcs,
- plot arcs,
- whether or not they remained continuously engaged,
- whether or not the themes were presented well and obviously enough.
- your feelings about the plot twists
- your feelings about the end (satisfying or not?)

If you think this could be you, please e-mail me with a sample of past beta reading you've done and your rate. My e-mail address is daphnerhankins@gmail.com.

As for the book itself. It is a futuristic fantasy / science fiction novel set in Korea and follows a lesbian lead.

𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝘄𝗻 𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗮 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻?

One thousand years into the future, the world has been annihilated by disaster. The domed ivory city of Tusita is the last bastion of humanity. Each day the lower class fight for survival while oligarchs spend the nights in decadent, never-ending parties in the technoutopia of the city’s capital. From the shadows Tusita's omniscient queen plots as the city slowly rots away.

Aviva Fama, who has lived her life on a knife’s edge, will strike the match that sets the city on fire and reveal the putrid horror that has kept the city alive. As the world descends into madness and war, she finds herself caught in a web of secrets and is forced to face her place in the dark reality she helped unleash.

𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴? 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺?

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 18 comments Hello Daphne,

I have a current opening for beta reading, and I would love to read your novel. I'm always looking for new stories and characters to love.

My beta reading breakdown is listed below, but please take note! I read the first chapter for free.

Here’s how it works:

First chapter feedback
Rate: free

 You pick a question you want answered from my list of ten first-chapter beta reading questions
 You send me your first chapter (maximum 15 pages)
 I send you feedback
 If we’re a good fit, I send you a quote for the basic and deluxe feedback plans.

Basic feedback plan
Rate: $0.0015 per word ($15.00 per 10,000 words)

 You pick ten questions from my list of 80 beta reading questions
 You send me your full novel
 I send you a contract
 You agree to the contract and pay me a deposit
 I read and provide feedback for those ten questions

Deluxe feedback plan
Rate: the basic feedback plan + $100

 You decide you want me to answer all 80 beta reading questions
 You send me your full novel
 I send you a contract
 You agree to the contract and pay me a deposit
 I read and provide feedback for all 80 questions

I can give you feedback within X weeks (by date).

You can read more about my services, see the list of 80 questions, and see an example of the feedback I provide here: http://www.keen-eye-copyediting.com/s...

Or, you can email me at: pcc.keen.eye@gmail.com

Good luck with your novel!

Patricia

message 3: by Priya (new)

Priya Bhowal (priyalovingly) | 15 comments Hey Daphne,

I provide beta reading services. I can provide genuine reader feedback for your book. I charge $110 and I add my reactions to your manuscript in the form of comments and also I answer your questionnaire. I can turn around in max 10 days since your book is lengthy.

If interested, please contact me through email priya.bhowal@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Priya

message 4: by Wentzel (new)

Wentzel Lombard | 35 comments Hi Daphne,
I provide beta reading services at $1 per 2000 words. If you're interested, please contact me at wentzellombard@yahoo.com.

message 5: by Wentzel (new)

Wentzel Lombard | 35 comments Apologies. I only saw your e-mail address now (not wearing my glasses!)

I'll send an e-mail shortly.

message 6: by Rashmi (new)

Rashmi Menon (rashmi909) | 2 comments Hi Daphne,

I provide beta reading services. I will send you an email of the details of the feedback I provide along with the rates and a few testimonials from previous clients.

Rashmi

message 7: by Meghalee (new)

Meghalee Mitra | 37 comments Hey,

I have a Master's in Literature, and years of experience working in the content industry. I have critiqued books for several years. I would love to be on board this project. You could check my beta-reading reviews in my Fiverr profile (fiverr.com/wordpaint) or mail me: meghaleemitra@gmail.com

I provide in-depth analysis, leave in-line comments along the manuscript, and also provide an extensive Reader's Report covering all bases. I have a very fast turnaround time too.

(I also provide proofreading and editing services, if needed)

Looking forward! :)

Best,
Meghalee

message 8: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Kane | 28 comments inboxed