Let's Write One-of-a-kind Stories! discussion

Your Writing & Work in Progress > Amanda's Writing & Work in Progress

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited May 11, 2020 02:59AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Here is a story I'm rather proud of, my novella The Three Witches of Beltane:
https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...
It's seven chapters long, so you don't have to read ALL of it! xD

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) And here's my work in progress, Amanda's book of Myths and Forklore (yes, I know, stupid name!😂), which I don't think is very good:

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Aww, thank you so much 💕!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Is there a reason why the link for your book of folklore doesn't work Amanda?

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Oh no! I have no idea!!😱
I'll post it again:

Sorry!!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Leah wrote: "I love it!!!!"

Thank you 😘! I'll add more stories in when I find inspiration 😊.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Hiiiii! I've got a new work in progress! It's a short story for a competition, about death! I'm afraid I can't share it with you yet, but it is about a person who goes to become Death's personal assistant! Sounds interesting to you?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Aww, thank you :)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) So basically, the main character meets Death and follows her (Death is portrayed as a lady here) around for the weekend. The main character is me, or me as I would imagine when I'm older.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

That's awesome!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Thank you so much! I'll tell you all about it when I can! ❤️😘

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Please do!

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 85 comments Mod
It sounds really interesting. What happens next?

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Samantha wrote: "It sounds really interesting. What happens next?"

The story happens in the span of three days, the first day Death takes the main character to see the dead souls who cannot leave our world because of unfinished business, or some deep resentment. Death tries to calm them so they could move on.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) The second day Death goes to visit those who are dying, taking their lives or allowing them some more time.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) The third day, Death visits the living who are effected by death, by the death of a loved one or by having near death experience. Death calms them and heals them.
Here Death is a kindly figure, who deals with the already dead souls and the living as well as the taking of lives.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) But then I realised this is too long to put in a short story, so I can't write it 🙁! At least not now when my timetable is screaming for my attention 🙀🙀🙀!

message 20: by Smiley (new)

Smiley | 5 comments It sounds like such a good idea! Looking forward to it ;D