Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Ilona Andrews
This topic is about Ilona Andrews
Series Discussions > Best PNR/UF couple in a series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire | 6 comments This topic has been explored before but I’m looked for more recent stuff. I’m looking for more couples that last the entire series. Think Kate/Curran, Cat/Bones, Mercy/Adam, Charley/Reyes, Mac/Barrons, Elena/Raphael, Yelena/Valek, Diana/Matthew, Cat/Griffin, Nevada/Connor. Which seems to be most all of them lol but who are your favorite couples in a series?

message 2: by Mony (new)

Mony (mony1) | 1024 comments A really awesome action-packed slow burn series is The Hollows. The couple is Rachel Morgan / ??? ...my favourite couple after Mac/Barrons.

Lots of books in the series - 13 in all - but there is also a very rich storyline with Rachel as a tough cool and snarky witch. Then there are powerful elves, hot vampires, demons, pixies, undead, gargoyles, trolls and many more characters. Lots of love interests through the series...cool scenes in the "ever-after".
Lots of world building in Book #1 but stick to it...
Highly recommend.

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) by Kim Harrison The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2) by Kim Harrison A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 151 comments Mony wrote: "A really awesome action-packed slow burn series is The Hollows. The couple is Rachel Morgan / ??? ...my favourite couple after Mac/Barrons..."

HA. I'm still salty AF about what went down in book 4 or 5 of that series! My heart was torn out of my chest 😭...

Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs Anna and Charles. He is 100 there for her, and even though she begins their journey in a weak spot, she definitely grows in her power with a solid support system behind her. And he is much more likable than Mercy's Adam who I dislike intensely.

Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk Allie and Zay. The couple that slays together stays together and all that! This is an ultra slow burn romance, but man once they get there are they solid, and there is no game playing or any of that dramatic nonsense betweern them. Also, this is quite different to most UF in that it's heavy on the magic use and very light on the creatures (apart from one very cute gargloyle!) and has a ton of really appealing side characters too.

Not too sure about many others as I read UF for the action and the fantastical rather than the romance and a lot of the romances I come across in the genre just annoy TF out of me!