Arlington Public Library discussion

Adult Reading Challenge > Read a Middle Grade Chapter Book or a Young Adult book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arlington Public Library (last edited Jun 22, 2020 01:51PM) (new)

Arlington Public Library (arlingtontxpubliclibrary) | 42 comments Mod
Leave us a review below.

message 2: by Terrie (new)

Terrie (mcmath) | 10 comments I read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I chose it because when I searched for YA books to read it came up and I enjoyed the movie. I may have also been influenced by the challenge description which is the "read a book to movie adaptation" description.

I really enjoyed the book, I had a hard time putting it down. It really speaks to our time - about how society forces people to stay in "their place." I plan on reading the rest of the series.

I recommend this book to adults and youth alike.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Harper | 2 comments I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer‘s Stone, by J. K. Rowling. It is an awesome start to a great series. The world building is awesome. It pulls you right in from Privet Drive, to Diagon Alley, all the way to Hogwarts. The buildup of characters from the beginning who seem to be important lets the reader know right away where the central focus will be. Never liked uncle Vernon or snot-nosed aunt Petunia and Dudley gets what’s coming to him. It is nice to see that old fairytale, the poor little orphan who is treated like crap turns out to be practically royalty. It’s sad he has so many challenges ahead of him though.

message 4: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann | 4 comments I have kind of gotten hooked on Kiera Cass’ Selection series, I have completed two and have a hold for the third one. As many of the young adult stories, the is a distopic series that takes place in the United States after it’s collapse.