Graphic Policy Comic Book Club discussion

What are you reading?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brett (new)

Brett (graphicpolicy) | 4 comments Mod
Add in the comics you're reading or what you'd recommend in the space below!

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Fiddler | 1 comments Currently working through Batman Eternal vol. 1 (hard copy) & The Massive vol. 1 (on my tablet).

message 3: by Brett (new)

Carolyn wrote: "Currently working through Batman Eternal vol. 1 (hard copy) & The Massive vol. 1 (on my tablet)."

I'm so far behind in Batman Eternal. The Massive is a fascinating read.

message 4: by Andrew (last edited Dec 29, 2014 01:56PM) (new)

Andrew Gaska (drewgaska) | 3 comments Currently GI JOE: A Real American Hero is my only MUST READ every month, basically because Larry Hama made me a fan in the 1980s by working social commentary and Vietnam War fallout into a comic that was supposed to be for kids but was also enjoyable for adults. Its great that he has been continuing the series in recent years, even if its not as relevant or thought provoking as the original run. Otherwise I dabble until I find something good and then sink my teeth in.

message 5: by Brett (new)

Andrew wrote: "Currently GI JOE: A Real American Hero is my only MUST READ every month, basically because Larry Hama made me a fan in the 1980s by working social commentary and Vietnam War fallout into a comic t..."

Have you read IDW's recent volumes? Each of those have been interesting touching on some social commentary. The one that shocks me about all of that is IDW's Transformers series. It really weaves in political philosophy in ways I wasn't expecting.

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Gaska (drewgaska) | 3 comments I have not, but I have been tempted. I love Karen Traviss as an author; the only thing holding me back is silliness, because its not in the Hama continuity, so its not "MY" GI JOE. Something I need to get over.

message 7: by Brett (new)

Andrew wrote: "I have not, but I have been tempted. I love Karen Traviss as an author; the only thing holding me back is silliness, because its not in the Hama continuity, so its not "MY" GI JOE. Something I need..."

The political gamesmanship throughout the various volumes has been fascinating. It really looks at modern conflicts well in a entertaining way.

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Gaska (drewgaska) | 3 comments Will have to give it a shot, thanks!

message 9: by James (new)

James (jamesninness) | 1 comments Stray Bullets at the moment. Next in the queue: The Invisibles Omnibus and Millar's Wolverine Omnibus. Fun fun fun!

unread topics | mark unread