The hopeful readers group discussion

First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
This topic is about First Comes Scandal
Buddy Reads > Buddy Read: First Comes Scandal

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Andrea | 643 comments Mod
Starting soon :) If anyone wants to join, let us know.

Also, fair warning, speaking for myself and Heike, we did NOT like the previous two books. So. We have no expectations. ^^

Heike | 104 comments Well, I have high hopes for this one! ;)

Really? I'm really hesitant :D I'll tell you when my copies finally arrives

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments I have an arc of this I haven't gotten to yet but was planning on it sometime next week. I need a buddy read for May, so I'll join in if you're not starting immediately, I have to finish off a couple books first.

message 5: by Andrea (last edited Apr 29, 2020 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Same here. I'm reading four books, and I want to finish at least two of them before I start another one. And Amazon sent me an email saying my copy would be delivered on May 2, so I can't start before that :)

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments Ok, sounds good, I’m in!

Yay :)

Heike | 104 comments Awesome!
I'll wait for you to give the go (and hope my kindle has accepted the book by then, fickle little gadget, that one is.)

What do you two think, Sunday or Monday?

message 10: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Heike wrote: "Awesome!
I'll wait for you to give the go (and hope my kindle has accepted the book by then, fickle little gadget, that one is.)"

Did your book arrive? I've experienced some delays due to delivery services being overpowered with all the new COVID online shoppers.
I am ready, I beat my kindle into submission and it is now willingly cooperating. :)

It did. Earlier than expected even. Amazon has its own delivery service, and apparently they're not as overwhelmed as DHL (which is the "standard" shipping service over here).
I still would like to wait until Sunday or Monday before we start, though. We have some funeral arrangements to make and an apartment to clean out tomorrow, so. Fun times.

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments I can start Monday, I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done this weekend and should be ready for it then.

Ok. Monday it is. Do you want to limit ourselves to a number of chapters a day or not?

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments I start off doing around 3 chapters a day but always change it with more, less, chapters and days depending on what everyone else is doing. Whatever you all want to do, I'll follow :)

I just learned that apparently some idiot decided to loosen the restrictions starting Monday, so I might have to go back to work soon? Who announces that sort of stuff on the weekend? Anyways…

3 chapters would be 43 pages, so I think let's start there and see how it goes?

message 16: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Sounds good to me, that's minimum reading time for me, so I am sure I won't slack ;)
Monday it is, then! :)

message 17: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments It's Monday already *huh*? I have a crazy week coming up, but should be able to keep up ... I did make a head start (cheater!) yesterday with the first three chapters. Unfortunately ... I am bored to tears *sniff*
So much inner dialog, something that I am not used to with Julia Quinn's books. And the set up. (view spoiler)
There is no funny banter, even though it looks like Juila Quinn is trying for it. Is it me, maybe, that I can not find the humor?
I sure hope there will be more sense to the rest of the story.
It took me a while to recognize sister-in-law Viola as the goddess Viola, the mother of all the awesome Bridgerton kids in another series. And that her husband Edmond will die young - how sad! Love to see Anthony and Collins as kids! :)

oops. Sorry, I completely forgot. I just started, but I finished the first three chapters.
As to the spoiler, yes, all of it is a little weird. I can't decide whose family is acting weirder and more out of character, his or hers. I mean, the poor Bridgerton mother has to be used to it by now. Billie was certainly no angel, and wasn't the Bridgerton in the series before ACTUALLY kidnapped as in dragged off on a ship in the last book? (I didn't finish it, but I think that was the set up)
Yep, there they are. The little Bridgertons. And of course Colin was already eating too much when he was a baby :D
I wonder if there will be another Pall Mall Tournament of Doom, what with Nicholas saying he doesn't like sports :D

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments I haven't read the other books in this series yet but (I've read the Bridgertons) so I might be missing some content.

I didn't mind the beginning, I don't know if I'm immune or what to parent's ordering their kids to get married,lol, but I didn't think it was stranger. A bit forced maybe but the closeness of the families implies that Nicholas' father might feel obligated and want to help Georgiana and her family out.

I thought there was a little humor, short staccato kind between Nicholas and his dad, Nicholas' inner comments about what was happening, definitely nothing laugh out loud or overt, though.

I loved the little mention of Violet, Anthony, and Benedict :)

When Nicholas talked about being horrible at any game with a ball I immediately thought Pall Mall! lol

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments Chapters 1-3 talk.......................................................................................

impetigo

First page and I had to look up a word! Hoping it will win me a trivia game someday, lol.

Georgiana Bridgerton was like a sister to him. No, not quite a sister. Not exactly. But her brother Edmund was like a brother to him, closer than his own, to be honest.

I'm a sucker for little sister/big brother's friend tropes. This is starting a bit different without either one seemingly having a long standing crush though.

Nicholas being eight years younger than his siblings and the implication that he's not the closest with them makes me think we won't see his siblings much. Was the previous books about his siblings or Georgiana's?

“There is only one thing to be done,” his father said. “You must marry her.”

Like I said, I'm probably a bit immune to proclamations like this from literary parents. Is is an easy in to the plot of the story, sure but I can roll with it right now.

For a moment Nicholas could only stare. His father was talking about property investments?

A little bit of that underlining, short humor I was talking about. Kind of whirlwind for Nicholas and finding the humor in the absurd situation he is in.

“She doesn’t need your time. She needs your name.”

Oof, dad coming in with the heat and putting the reality into the situation.

“Your hand in marriage,” his father repeated with a slightly uncomfortable huff. “You make yourself sound like a girl.”
“I rather feel like one right now, and I have to tell you, I don’t like it.” He shook his head. “I have new respect for all of them, putting up with us telling them what to do.”

A woke moment from Nicholas. lol.

But now half of London thought she’d skipped the Season because she thought herself above it and the other half because she clearly had some sort of hideous defect her parents were trying to hide from society.

An insight to Georgiana, where her personality leads her to act as an outlier but she doesn't seem like she realized it at first and struggles with the regret but ultimately wants to be herself.

I liked the scene with Georgiana talking to her cats, going to pets for comfort is sweet to me. I did think Georgiana's part felt a bit choppy; the sentences were shorter and we story pace seemed to ping pong quicker.

When Georgie finally did speak her voice was small. Not weak, but small. And tired. “Do you think that somewhere there is a society where men can’t do things like this to women?”
Her mother went still, which to Georgie seemed odd, because it wasn’t as if she’d been moving before. But somehow the stillness spread. From her body to her eyes to her very soul. “I don’t know,”her mother said. “I hope so. Or at least I hope there will be.”
“But not now,”Georgie said. They both knew it was the truth. “Not here.”

I like moments like this but I'm coming off a book where ideas and social commentary the author wanted to make was wonderfully seamlessly woven in and this didn't feel as much so. This could also be me having some fatigue about historicals feeling this way a lot lately.

Not a bad beginning for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how Nicholas and Georigana work and their chemistry when we get to see them together.

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker wrote: "When Nicholas talked about being horrible at any game with a ball I immediately thought Pall Mall! lol ..."

Then you should definitely read the first one (Billie and George), they kind of invented it. They are even worse than Kate and Anthony, I swear :D

message 22: by Andrea (last edited May 05, 2020 08:42AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker wrote: "impetigo
First page and I had to look up a word! Hoping it will win me a trivia game someday, lol."

ME TOO!!! :D I was too afraid to google what it is, though, cause the German name is exactly the same apparently (with some other names for it), and I don't know what it is. I don't think I want to know, though :D

message 23: by Andrea (last edited May 05, 2020 08:42AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker wrote: "Was the previous books about his siblings or Georgiana's?"

Book 1 Because of Miss Bridgerton: George Rokesby & Billie Bridgerton
Book 2 The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband: Edward Rokesby and Cecilia Harcourt
Book 3 The Other Miss Bridgerton: Cpt. Andrew Rokesby and Poppy Bridgerton

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker wrote: "this didn't feel as much so. This could also be me having some fatigue about historicals feeling this way a lot lately. Not a bad beginning for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how Nicholas and Georigana work and their chemistry when we get to see them together..."

Oh good, it's not just me. It's like all of a sudden, authors have to justify romanticizing the period by adding heavy dose of commentary lest the uneducated audience forgets that it really wasn't that great a time to live and women had no rights. *sigh* Maybe that's the new thing after the decree that every hero has to be a Duke?
I'm just glad JQ opted out and gave our hero a profession. *gasp* I hope he'll prove one of the Good Guys she writes so well :)

Minor spoilers for chapters 4&5:

(view spoiler)

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments The creators of the game??? I definitely need to read it. It's on my tbr but I'm still in 2017 for new releases, Lolsob.

My Kindle gave the description as a rash that infants/kids get that can have sores that can burst and are honey colored. I won't forget the honey colored info, eek.

Thanks! So definitely Rokesbys and basically Bridgerton. I haven't read the Bridgerton series in a long time, was saving a reread for when the series comes out. I don't really remember talk of Violet's siblings.

I think I remember that the tradition started with Billie and George. I do remember a particularly vicious game where they were trying very hard not to care that the other one was talking to someone else :D

Eek. That is. Bah. :D

I know, it does seem strange that with 3 Bridgerton aunts on Edmund's side plus the Rokesby clan, none of them were around when Anthony and his siblings are grown up. Maybe it was an afterthought. Or we just have to go back and see if we just don't remember talk of family :D Maybe they are mentioned in that one novella about Violet and Edmund? I honestly don't remember

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments I'm so over every hero being a duke, the last Burrowes book I was a little disappointed because I thought I caught something in the first book between the future heroine and her brother's business partner and was excited, alas hero turned out to be, wait for it, a duke.

Andrea's Ch4-5 spoilers (view spoiler)

I still haven't read the novella about Violet and Edmund, knowing what happens to Edmund makes me so sad. I don't remember any talk of aunts/uncles but probably not something I thought about while reading, I'm curious though, when I do a reread of the series if I catch anything now.

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments Chapters 4-6 talk........................................................................................

Violet shrugged. “I don’t know which one. She has so many of them. I can’t imagine having such a big family.”

I'm torn on this, on one hand, I get nerdy excited to read about characters I already have future knowledge on and get a bit squee when a character says something like this and we know she ends up having a big family. Andrea mentioning baby Colin being hungry too. I enjoyed the Bridgerton family series, so I enjoy seeing them here. But, it was really excessive in this section. If you didn't read the Bridgerton's, this would feel like a whole lot filler and probably be bit boring. It started to feel like a cheap trick to get readers to involved and like this book, trading on the Bridgerton love.

Georgie shrugged. “Eh.”

I feel like different characters have uttered this a good amount and I don't really like it. It kind of gives the story a lack of formality and for this being set in the late 1700s, I'm disappointed I don't feel a difference between Regency set books. The talk of wide hooped skirts isn't enough for me.

Toasted cheese fixed everything. She’d been saying it for years.

I concur ;)

It was good to talk about medicine, to remind himself that there existed an area of his life where people looked up to him. Where he could say something and have it assumed that he knew what he was talking about. In Edinburgh he was his own man.

This was a nice insight into Nicholas and how he probably feels overshadowed by his siblings. But then he did have the conversation with Georgiana and how they are almost like only children because of the age differences with siblings. So, maybe more of a throw away comment.

His mother was playing matchmaker, but she was also trying to avoid the appearance of playing matchmaker. Trying, but failing, because she was too curious to hold her tongue when she thought she saw something happening. Because what if she could intervene and make things better?

I liked this line and I do adore how both our leads come from loving families, it is a nice change of pace and familial bonds, conversations, and scenes add a nice glow, pleasantness to the tone. But, I wish we knew Nicholas' mom more, she's a stranger and I can't quite get the full smile from this line than if I knew her better. If I had read the previous books in the series, though, I probably would feel closer to her.

So, the broken bones convo seemed to go on too long. I get how the author was utilizing it to intertwine and lead to the topic she wanted but it didn't quite work for me.

“This is why you cannot pay someone to do something like this,” he said quietly. “Consent can be coerced. Hypothetical you says she agrees to have her arm broken in exchange for money to feed her children. But is that really consent if your only other choice is the sale of your body?”

Again, love the discussing and commentary but not really feeling natural and I'm probably just being grumpy about all this ugh, just not feeling how this was put in.

I was surprised when I saw I was 30% in. I guess I thought the marriage of convenience trope was going to be stronger. Way too much time eaten up by little Bridgertons.

message 30: by Heike (last edited May 06, 2020 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker wrote: "I was surprised when I saw I was 30% in. I guess I thought the marriage of convenience trope was going to be stronger. Way too much time eaten up by little Bridgertons.

Aha! I guess that was the "wait for it!". When I said that I was somewhat bored I had already finished chapter 5.
I can not put my finger on it, but even reading further, when it gets a bit more action, it feels very artificial to me.
And the flunked marriage proposal was bothersome. Yes, I get a smile here and there, but not without eye rolling.
Again - the "ruined reputation" was not a good enough reason for me. I am used to much bigger scandal in Julia Quinn books that were handled way more self confident than crying Mama and panicking God father.

However - I LOVED the butlers! :)

If you didn't read the Bridgerton's, this would feel like a whole lot filler and probably be bit boring. It started to feel like a cheap trick to get readers to involved and like this book, trading on the Bridgerton love.
Yes, I agree, it's beginning to feel like it. It's like oh, wait, here's some future heroes as babies, don't you all love that? Sigh. I mean, I do, but it doesn't distract me enough from the fact that I don't feel a connection between the leads...

I'm disappointed I don't feel a difference between Regency set books. The talk of wide hooped skirts isn't enough for me.
Same. In the first book, it was buckled shoes and how glad everyone is the Rokesby boys don't wear powdered wigs.

If I had read the previous books in the series, though, I probably would feel closer to her.
I don't think so. She was there in the first book, but I don't think we saw much of her in the second, because that took part mostly abroad. I have vague memories of her finding her son failing to deceive anyone with his "I do not approve of Billie Bridgerton!" stance highly amusing, but otherwise… Come to think of it, I don't think the Bridgerton parents ever played that big a role, either… Certainly not to the extent Violet does in her children's books.

Are either of you planning on watching the Bridgerton Netflix show when it comes out btw? I don't, mostly because I want to keep my happy memories and the show can only make it worse, so. Nope. Staying far away from that. I'm just curious :)

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments Yeah, the marriage proposal was a flunk for me, too. I just don't feel any chemistry between Nicholas and Georgiana right now :(
The butlers, however, quite entertaining.

That's disappointing that buckled shoes and some wig talk is the only nod to the time period and if all we get is some hooped skirt talk, I'll be disappointed here.

Well that is weird then, I thought we were getting less of Nicholas' parents because there had been more of them in the previous books.

I've went back and forth but I think I'll probably will end up watching, can't help myself. Lol.

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments Chapters 7-10 talk............................................................................................

How am I just very close to being 50% in and there is still no marriage????

Anyway,

Nicholas Rokesby had known her his entire life. He didn’t want to marry her. He felt sorry for her.

What a crappy thing to feel and I can see how Georgiana initially bucked at the idea of Nicholas proposing to her. Like Heike said, the whole marriage proposal drama and emotion didn't grab me. These two feel like strangers arguing, I'm not invested in the outcome and therefore don't feel the any emotions.

plotted out what she might say to Nicholas when she next saw him, and eventually crawled into bed.

I'm confused as to what the big rush to get to Nicholas if she doesn't even know if she wants to say yes to him? Just to keep him around and not heading back to Edinburgh before she decides I guess. Meh.

I feel like I remember a mention of Freddie Oakes in the Bridgerton series? Either way, the whole scene with his broken arm, butlers withstanding, went on way too long. If the book was longer and I knew there would be ample time left for Nicholas and Georgiana to get their time on page, I probably would sink into the the story and these little offshoots more but, 50%!, no time for Freddie Oakes and little Bridgerton kiddos to be center stage anymore.

Nicholas and Georgiana have got to spend some time together. Hoping for a better second half.

I think it's because the books are all set in the country, away from London that they all just dress "normally"?

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments I like some fashion talk but I wish some political talk, issues of the times, or even name dropping some historical figures were added to highlight the time period.

I probably would sink into the the story and these little offshoots more but, 50%!, no time for Freddie Oakes and little Bridgerton kiddos to be center stage anymore.

Nicholas and Georgiana have got to spend some time together. Hoping for a better second half

Yes and YES! It was so weird. Nicholas seems so nice in his head, but he keeps saying completely the wrong things. Or nothing at all.
I kind of hate his dad a little more now. That whole "oh, she's a sensible girl" comment was so... I mean I know he's right, she is sensible, and given her situation anyone with an ounce of sense would say yes at that time, because even the Bridgerton name isn't enough to hide behind. Loving family notwithstanding, she'd be alone sooner or later, left to live on oneof her siblings kindness. It's just grating somehow that everyone just assumes these two will just do as their told. If they'd at least have been real friends, or showed any sort of affection. With half the book gone, it will be hard to convince me that they end up in love.
Also. Freddie. Ugh. Of course he would have to come back. That scene went on waaay too long, but I have to admit, I enjoyed her butler stepping on his hand. I somehow picture Jeeves doing it 😅

WhiskeyintheJar (kyraryker) | 24 comments Nicholas seems so nice in his head, but he keeps saying completely the wrong things. Or nothing at all.

Yep, I wasn't consciously thinking about this but this is why I'm struggling with his character.
The whole set-up of only Nicholas' father coming up with this plan, he didn't consult with the Bridgertons? It's so vague and sloppy as a way to get our couple together, even though they are still NOT TOGETHER at 50%! Ugh, I'm going to wake up from a nightmare tonight yelling "50%!"

Now see, that I didn't even think about. Why are only the Rokesby parents meddling??? This seems very un-Bridgerton-ish. Cause I seem to recall them liking it when Billie and George butted heads. Maybe the novelty of stubborn children getting the partner they deserved wore off??? And how hard would it have been to call both Georgie and Nicholas into a study and say, kids, we have an idea. What do you think? I need to revisit Billie's book to see if Rokesby sr was such a high handed parent back then, too..

message 40: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Andrea wrote: "Are either of you planning on watching the Bridgerton Netflix show when it comes out btw? I don't, mostly because I want to keep my happy memories and the show can only make it worse, so. Nope. Sta..."

Hehe - I think I would be tempted, but I already outed myself as no-TV no-Netflex. It's a bit weird, 10 years ago I thought everyone who says he/she does not watch TV is a weirdo, but when I looked at my last Sat-TV bill and realized that I hadn't had the TV on for 2 years I cancelled. The US does not have the "cheap" TV like Germany, $60/month minimum to be connected.

message 41: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Andrea wrote: "Now see, that I didn't even think about. Why are only the Rokesby parents meddling??? This seems very un-Bridgerton-ish. Cause I seem to recall them liking it when Billie and George butted heads. M..."

Oh - awesome! I would have LOVED that approach and I would have been so much happier with this situation! But - alas - how would Julia have filled all the chapters? ;)

message 42: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments You guys are in for a carriage ride ... literally, if you were already complaining about the broken arm ... ;)
Which I totally agree with, so many insignificance things are stretched out and have an extreme slapstick vibe that does not work for me.

Heike wrote: "The US does not have the "cheap" TV like Germany, $60/month minimum to be connected. ..."

Don't forget we have to pay the GEMA/GEZ. I am so pissed at that nonsense. I don't even remember HOW to watch regular TV because I never do (because oh the horror that is German TV and German dubbing), and yet I'm supposed to pay for BS I would never in a million years watch. I mean, does Til Schweiger really need my money to do Tatort? No. He does not.

Sooo.. I went back to the first book, and I like the first page more than all of what I've read of this one so far… The parents haven't made an appearance yet, but Billie and George at least have bickering down to an artform. Apparently they "dislike" each other because she thinks he's too stuffy, and he thinks she's reckless. They grew up pestering each other, and just never stopped.
See that is a connection I buy. They are already good together, they just don't know it yet. Oh well

message 45: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Andrea wrote: "I mean, does Til Schweiger really need my money to do Tatort?"

Till Schweiger is still an item? And he plays Tatort? The Manta-Manta guy with te redneck accent? *lol*

I call German TV "cheap" because the GEZ is still less than dishnet or direct TV or cable. I always considered it unfair that one is forced to pay it, but on the other hand the news are a little bit less politically tainted. Look at CBS/FOX here - they both spout only shit depending on how they can blame or praise a certain self-proclaimed semi god ;)

message 46: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Andrea wrote: "Sooo.. I went back to the first book, and I like the first page more than all of what I've read of this one so far…"

You can't do that! You can not praise another book while I have troubles to keep my eyes open to get through this here! ;)
On my wishlist. I love a good bickering!

message 47: by Heike (new) - rated it 1 star

Heike | 104 comments Chapters 10-14 talk............................................................................................

My kindle holds my notes hostage, so I will do without. Every Chapter gets a name, Chapter 10 is "Set the broken arm". Unfortunately even the butlers could not save the ridiculous scene.
Me, typically looking critical at logic errors, is also asking how Franky even got there and why he does not use that same transportation to leave? Why did he actually even know which window is Georgie's?

Chapter 11 ("The awkward ride to the second proposal"):
Okay, the author has never ridden double on a saddled horse. I guess that should be the least awkwardness in this whole chapter ;)
Georgie is sure social critical, here again, good for her!

Chapter 12 ("The family's united household planning"):
The parents finally come together and and plan the staff the young couple will need. Rich doctor student *huh*? However. I really have the feeling the author is writing a TV script rather than a book. Really strange. Is that even written by Julia Quinn?

Chapter 13 ("The caaaaaaaat"):
I am the crazy cat lady. I will not disclose how many I have, but I love the shit out of them. I can very well picture what an upset, traveling cat sounds like. Hell, our next vet is 60 miles away (!!!).
But this chapter? No words, because "annoying" just don't cut it.
And then everyone refers to the cat as "it" - which can be funny in certain cases like "Maybe it is dead?" to de-personalize this rude (yet funny, I give her that) comment, but not in normal conversation between people who know the cats, like the maid.
Then beloved Nicholas admits that he does not like cats. Why would I ever find this attractive and want him in a romantic relationship with Georgie. I don't. He is a stiff, arrogant, self-centered d-head (that's what you get for admitting not to like cats *lol*).
Besides that, this chapter was more than annoying and horribly strung out.

Chapter 14 ("Where Nicholas says things he does not mean. Again.")
Traveling in search of the next inn and having supper there and blablabla and at this point (61% in) I would have closed the book, satisfied that I would not miss anything if I did not read the rest of it. But I will hang in there for our buddy read. It's not as if I had not been warned. ;)

Heike wrote: "You can't do that! You can not praise another book while I have ..."

Fine, I'll stop that and we can read it together after we're done with this one :D

message 49: by Andrea (last edited May 07, 2020 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Heike wrote: "Me, typically looking critical at logic errors, is also asking how Franky even got there and why he does not use that same transportation to leave? Why did he actually even know which window is Georgie's? ,..."

Stop bringing logic to Romanceland!!!! :D:D:D:D

Heike wrote: "Okay, the author has never ridden double on a saddled horse. I guess that should be the least awkwardness in this whole chapter ;) "

Well, who has. At least she's not riding in a corset. And again, with the logic :D Who cares you can't arrange a nightgown over yourself if you ride before someone on a saddle :D

And also, what happened to the parents???? Why are they so horrible all of a sudden? Since when do Bridgertons just dictate what their children should do like that? Why is everyone talking over their heads like they are stupid children? Just. Why? It makes me feel really bad for those two, like, I'm rooting for them to get to Scotland so they can be away from those people.

« previous 1