The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [General] Filipino Group Shoutouts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 10,253 (10253 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 205 206

message 1: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Found a new book?
Discovered a new author?
Want to recommend a book for a friend(s) or for this group?
Some of the latest buzz from your favorite author...
An upcoming new book that you'll know everyone will anticipate and get excited about...

Then share it here...

The Filipino Group's Shout-outs!
Just write any book-related thingamajig you want to share in this group here... so every one will know them.
Or just write any thing you want here...
But of course, I strongly advice that no spammer posts here... Or else the moderator--and likewise the friendly alien moderator--will instantly delete your comments, without batting an eyelash.

So... fire away guys....

SHOUT OUT!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2009 09:17PM) (new)

Shout out?
O sige sisigaw ako...
I'M HOME! I'M HOME! I'M HOME!
...wala lang, masaya lang akong nakauwi.

But before we hit home, we dropped by MOA 'coz sale daw.
And because addict ako sa libro...

[image error]

I bought this three for only PhP140.

I've been hunting for Old Magic by Marianne Curley for quite sometime now, and every bookstore I went to are out of copy. I feel so lucky finding it yesterday.

message 3: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Marco wrote: "I HATE SALMAN RUSHDIE!"

Why Marco? If you wouldn't mind his The Satanic Verses A Novel is the holy grail of my book collection... I got the First American Edition of this book... I bought it at BookSale for only Php70... quite a fluke...

Also, I just bought A Thousand Splendid Suns, hardcover, in fine reading condition for only php 165... Am I just plain lucky...

BTW, @ Beng: You're a lucky girl... I've also been hunting Caleb Carr for some time now.. I think Angel of Darkness is a somewhat sequel of The Alienist...
I deliberately didn't want to go to the MIBF... or I'll end up burning all my savings for tons of books I would've bought there...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

jzhunagev wrote: "Marco wrote: "I HATE SALMAN RUSHDIE!"

Why Marco? If you wouldn't mind his The Satanic Verses A Novel is the holy grail of my book collection... I got the First American Edition of th..."

I actually have both The Alienist and Angel of Darkness in lit forms and paperbacks, but it's different having the hard bounds. Another addition to my crammed bookshelves.hahaha
I know what you're thinking, "ang arte ko".

message 5: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Beng wrote: "jzhunagev wrote: "Marco wrote: "I HATE SALMAN RUSHDIE!"

Why Marco? If you wouldn't mind his The Satanic Verses A Novel is the holy grail of my book collection... I got the First Amer..."

We're the same Beng... (Does this mean we're soulmates?! Huwaw!! :-O....
Like The Hobbit... I have the 1980 Jubilees edition.... and I also bought the hardcover where the book featured the remastered dust jacket made by Tolkien when the book was published in the 1940s...
BTW, Beng how do you post pictures on your comment, like the one you did above...?

Rissa (Pretentious Reader) (pretentiousreader) Beng wrote: "Shout out?
O sige sisigaw ako...
I'M HOME! I'M HOME! I'M HOME!
...wala lang, masaya lang akong nakauwi.

But before we hit home, we dropped by MOA 'coz sale daw.
And because addict ako sa libro....."

I want a copy of Old Magic too...
where did you bought it?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

@Jzhunagev, create an account in photobucket; upload your photos there; then anytime you want to post a picture here just copy and paste the html code you'll find under each picture.

@Kaye, I luckily found my copy at Booksale MOA branch.
Good hunting!

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments omg!!this is awesome!!atlast i met my fellow pinoyz here!!

watz up guyz??

message 9: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Hi! Miyuki! fellw pinoyz here are hip and cool!! yeah!!

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments wow..awesome!!these is completely amazing!!

how are you guyz??

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments i'm good..ah that'snice to know.. =)

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments omg!! yeah..how yah guyz doin there??i've been watching the newz..the whole luzon is drowning..whole city is flooded..aahhh..what a tragic..

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Marco wrote: "How's everyone? Is everyone coping with the floods?"

Not exactly, most victims are still in evacuation centers and very much in need of relief donations.

message 14: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Sandoval (kensan) | 1 comments pepeng is in the country na!damn!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys, if you are able the Philippine Red Cross, DSWD, GMA Kapuso, and churches around the country (including our very own church) are seeking donations and volunteers to repack the relief goods. Every available hand is needed to get those relief goods to our affected Kababayans as fast as possible. Thanks and Good bless you.
Tulong Tayo!

message 16: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Our company is also doing its share by also spearheading some relief operations to some of our employees worst hit and affected by the typhoon.
Sama-sama tayong bumangon.

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments oh..hey~~ jzhunagev..thanx for adding me up in facebook^^

message 18: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments ♥Miyuki♥ wrote: "oh..hey~~ jzhunagev..thanx for adding me up in facebook^^"

No prob... ^_^
By the way you look gorgeous... hehehe!!! :DD

message 19: by Maryse (new)

Maryse (belle_maryse) | 151 comments Wow, it feels like I've been gone for a decade. May shout-outs na pala. Great job, mods :)

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments jzhunagev wrote: "♥Miyuki♥ wrote: "oh..hey~~ jzhunagev..thanx for adding me up in facebook^^"

No prob... ^_^
By the way you look gorgeous... hehehe!!! :DD
"

ah..that's sowh sweet..thanx alot..mhua!

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments hahaha...is that true --jzhun??

message 22: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Of course not!!! They're just tainting my honor!! Shame on them...

I just love gurls... Nyehehehe...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

jzhunagev wrote: "Of course not!!! They're just tainting my honor!! Shame on them...

I just love gurls... Nyehehehe... "

Jhun, you are selling yourself again, badly this time. :p

♥Eliza Marie♥ Goco (elizamariegoco) | 9 comments jzhunagev wrote: "Of course not!!! They're just tainting my honor!! Shame on them...

I just love gurls... Nyehehehe... "

lolzzz..
owkae u love ghurlZZ??

like ghurlzz with "S"??

now that's alot...hahha

hey guiz..jhuz just simply love girlz..

dont taint on it..

lolzz..

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Please vote for Efren Peñaflorida for CNN Hero of the Year 2009. He is the teacher who started "Kariton Klassrum" and one of the founders of "Dynamic Teen Company" which is now mobilizing this free mobile education. He is a Filipino and we should all be proud of him.

Vote here:
http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.h...

Read his story:
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/20091007...

Thanks and God bless you!

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (somedaynomad) MAHAL KO PHILIPPINES!! we rock....ikr! yaha!

message 27: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments am starting to love Stephen King!!! Bwahahahaha!!! I have 16 of his books all in Hardcover First Trade Edition!!! Wohhhooo!!! XDD

message 28: by Lynai (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments I am starting to love Jodi Picoult. Though I only have one of her books. LOL

message 29: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Lynai wrote: "I am starting to love Jodi Picoult. Though I only have one of her books. LOL"

yeah! Lynai, I've read your review of the book... though I'm not into this mushy kind of books, I might hunt for this... is this a feel-good sort of story?

message 30: by Lynai (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments jzhunagev wrote: "Lynai wrote: "I am starting to love Jodi Picoult. Though I only have one of her books. LOL"

yeah! Lynai, I've read your review of the book... though I'm not into this mushy kind of books, I might ..."

No, it did not make me feel good. It made me cry. :(( It's not mushy either. It's more about the gray areas of what is ethical and moral, what is legal and right. Try to check it out. It's just a short read and it's cheap. Less than P300 in NBS. :)

message 31: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Lynai wrote: "jzhunagev wrote: "Lynai wrote: "I am starting to love Jodi Picoult. Though I only have one of her books. LOL"

yeah! Lynai, I've read your review of the book... though I'm not into this mushy kind ..."

I'll try to find a cheaper hardcover at Booksale...

message 32: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Charles wrote: "wOOoow..i got a book which i bought from booksale..
the sequel book of Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes ung 'Tis.. and guess what?..90php lng sya and its hardbound..ewewhhehh...how i love booksale.."

I got Both harbounds for only 50... plus I got his

Teacher Man A Memoir for only 70...

message 33: by Lynai (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments Kasi si Jzhun ay nakatira sa Booksale. :D

message 34: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Lynai wrote: "Kasi si Jzhun ay nakatira sa Booksale. :D"

Soooo meee Lynai... Thnx!!! ^_^

message 35: by Maryse (new)

Maryse (belle_maryse) | 151 comments Charles wrote: "wOOoow..i got a book which i bought from booksale..
the sequel book of Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes ung 'Tis.. and guess what?..90php lng sya and its hardbound..ewewhhehh...how i love booksale.."

Have you read it already? 'Tis is a really good book, but I adore Angela's Ashes. I actually got my hardbound 'Tis sa National bookstore for also 90 pesos but my Angela's Ashes was pretty pricey at 200 pesos. I was so desperate kase so I bought it online at Booksale, un pala mas cheaper if you buy it directly from the store. Haaay....

message 36: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Maryse wrote: "Charles wrote: "wOOoow..i got a book which i bought from booksale..
the sequel book of Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes ung 'Tis.. and guess what?..90php lng sya and its hardbound..ewewhhehh...how i ..."

Yeah! It happens... But still you got the book... Dami kayang naglipanang Angela's Ashes ngayon sa SM San Lazaro Booksale ngayon...

message 37: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Charles wrote: "Marco:..i haven't seen the film..meron ba?..

Maryse:..am currently reading 'tis..mabagal kC ko mgbasa ngaun xe sinisingit ko lng sa mga paper works ko..lapit na finals ee..u bought the book 'tis..."

Basta magaling kang naghanap at magaling ang timing mo makakakita ka... I just recently bought
I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak for only 162.50 sa NBS Avenida... I hadn't read of any of Zusak's book but everyone seems raving mad about him so I guess I get on the bandwagon... Timing lang talaga... And the I am Legend that I'm reading right now i got for only 75 php in NBS Recto....
Just don't ask me kung saan-saang bookstore na ko nakapunta... kakainis nga ehhh... sobrang namukhaan na ata ako ng mga saleslady sa NBS recto akala nila shoplifter ako... Kakainis kaya nang magbayad ng mga sandamakmak na librong binili ko isinampal ko kaya sa kanya yung 1000 ko... kapal niya.... tamang hinala...

message 38: by Maryse (new)

Maryse (belle_maryse) | 151 comments Marco wrote: "Have you seen the Angela's Ashes film?"

I saw the movie a few years back. The book is a little better but I adore the Irish green color of the film. That Robert actor was perfect as his dad, charismatic and revolting at the same time. :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

jzhunagev wrote: "Just don't ask me kung saan-saang bookstore na ko nakapunta... kakainis nga ehhh... sobrang namukhaan na ata ako ng mga saleslady sa NBS recto akala nila shoplifter ako... Kakainis kaya nang magbayad ng mga sandamakmak na librong binili ko isinampal ko kaya sa kanya yung 1000 ko... kapal niya.... tamang hinala..."

Relax, aliens do stand out in a crowd, diba?

Rissa (Pretentious Reader) (pretentiousreader) NBS staffs are so lousy, they don't know anything about books... but they do give better discounts.

Check Book Meme: Friday Finds
http://pretentiousreader.blogspot.com...

message 41: by Maryse (new)

Maryse (belle_maryse) | 151 comments Kaye wrote: "NBS staffs are so lousy, they don't know anything about books... but they do give better discounts.

http://pretentiousreader.blogspot.com......"

Selfish as this sounds, I actually like that the NBS staff doesn't know anything about books. I love it when they mark a classics or well-written books at dirt cheap prices during sale just because it's not in the bestseller list. If they only knew the true worth of those books. Ehehehe

Rissa (Pretentious Reader) (pretentiousreader) Maryse wrote: "Kaye wrote: "NBS staffs are so lousy, they don't know anything about books... but they do give better discounts.

http://pretentiousreader.blogspot.com...-..."

Haha, that's one way of looking at it. =)

message 43: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Maryse wrote: "Kaye wrote: "NBS staffs are so lousy, they don't know anything about books... but they do give better discounts.

http://pretentiousreader.blogspot.com...-..."

I agree with you Maryse... like when I bought a hardbound of Angels and Demons for like only 99php back then when the lot of them don't know that this book's going to be made into film... It's kinda freak me out that such a book was sold on that price and I bask on my self-gloat just for the sheer luck of buying the book.. That was a total steal! Yeah!

message 44: by Apokripos (last edited Oct 18, 2009 06:36PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Ohhhhh myyyyyy!!!!! ohhhhhhh myyyyy!!! *gasping for big mouthful of breaths* i just couldn't contain my excitement! I just bought an Advance Reader's Copy of Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak for only 75php!!! A total steal! Now all I needed to do was to get Markus to sign it. And this one's the unedited proof edition. Meaning I'll be able to read this one in all its unadulterated awesomeness!! From what I gather from some of the reviews I read here it's one knockout read!! Wow!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

jzhunagev wrote: "I just bought an Advance Reader's Copy of Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak for only 75php!!! A total steal! "

Congrats! Where did you steal it from?

message 46: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Beng wrote: "jzhunagev wrote: "I just bought an Advance Reader's Copy of Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak for only 75php!!! A total steal! "

Congrats! Where did you steal it from?"

From Booksale, of course... It was just a total fluke...

Rissa (Pretentious Reader) (pretentiousreader) I don't think arcs are worth much anything, publishers just hand them out for free, don't they? But still great find, =)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

jzhunagev wrote: "From Booksale, of course... It was just a total fluke..."

I went to Booksale on my way home, although I did not find any Zusak, I was able to find the following for Php50 each.

[image error]

message 49: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 3321 comments Beng wrote: "jzhunagev wrote: "From Booksale, of course... It was just a total fluke..."

I went to Booksale on my way home, although I did not find any Zusak, I was able to find the following for Php50 each.

"

what's the book under the one on Dean Koontz? The pics too dark, I can't see it... An awesome find Beng!

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2009 09:16PM) (new)

jzhunagev wrote: "what's the book under the one on Dean Koontz? The pics too dark, I can't see it... An awesome find Beng!"

LOLz, Jhun it's not a book! :)))
It's tray stand. I thought of raising the books a little higher since it's leaning on the glass.

My complete splurges for October:

[image error]

I am an absolute sinner!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 205 206
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.