This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I Hate Driving

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Dude, I hate all those things, too. But I LOVE my car. I refuse to give it up permanently. Plus, just knowing that it's there gives me an overwhelming sense of happy security--if I ever want to escape this mundane life, I can just hit the road.

shellyindallas i'm with you a hundred percent on this one! i hate driving and don't have a car so i rely on my boyfriend to drive me everywhere. then he gets all mad and says he feels like my chauffeur, but I just let him bitch b/c he's seriously like the world's greatest driver and everybody else scares the shit outta me.
people get in there car and pay no mind to the fact that car accidents kill so many people. they chat away and smoke their ciggie butts like you say--or worse--TEXT!
and don't get me started on the 16-25 year old guys that "feel the need for speed", esp the ones on their sport bikes. Yikes!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I FUCKING HATE DRIVING...

you can't read while driving and if you do... well people die. fuck driving!

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I hate driving, but I love being a passenger!

Long drives are the shit!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Damn that's a cool bike...

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy i didn't drive for four years. i wrecked my car toward the beginning of college, when i lived a ten minute walk from campus, so there was no reason to get a new one. then i started working downtown, which is the only place in cincinnati the bus actually goes, so there was still no reason to get one. then i moved downtown (about a half a block from my office and a whole block from the bus stop to campus, where i still had the occassional class), so there was even less of a reason.

but i have to say, it really sucked. not so much when i was a working student and didn't have any time to do anything other than class, homework or work work. but after i graduated, it sucked. cincinnati has ridiculous mass transit. i had to get my brother to take me grocery shopping, because the nearest grocery was up in the burbs, which would have been at least an hour bus ride on a good day (good luck buying anything frozen in that situation). and forget about christmas shopping, or shopping for fun. then when i finally moved away from downtown to a decent apartment, that just killed it and i had to bite the bullet and get a car again.

sure, i saved a lot of money, and now my driving record is pristine (that's what happens when you don't drive for 4 years but still keep your license up to date), so my insurance is crazy low. gas still sucks, and i'm pretty sure other drivers' manners and skills have seriously deteriorated in the last few years, but oh, the freedom. i can buy groceries whenever i want. i can shop whenever i want. i can leave work early, or leave late, and i don't have to wait around for anyone or anything to pick me up. i can go to a midnight movie and not worry about how i'm going to get back home. i love it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate that when I first got my car, my thoughts immediately went along the lines of..

"so, you're giving me a two-ton directional missile, I can control its' velocity, what direction it's headed in, and the choice of targets is purely left to my discretion. But, they're very expensive & if I decide to deploy it in the obvious fashion, I'll have to make absolutely sure to disavow all knowledge of my intent first thing."

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy steve, that's almost exactly the speech my dad gave me when i first got my driver's license.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.