Small Publishers Association of North America - SPAN discussion

Bookbinding

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Sylvia | 2 comments I'm into my third year as a SPAN member with one book out. I've started playing around with book binding and am finding it great fun. Just a beginner, though. Anyone else tried it?

message 2: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 1 comments I have no idea about book binding. I know I picked a cheap method though when I got my book done. hehehe =)

http://www.cardshark.com/content/view...

message 3: by Terena (new)

Terena Scott | 1 comments not yet, but I've been interested in it. I'd love to hear more about it.

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia | 2 comments Since I posted last I've done a fair amount of bookbinding, using both cloth and paper covers. The books are hand sewn. I am still using purchased headbands, but have found instructions for making my own and will be trying that soon. I have recently been given a tanned deer hide to begin working on leather covers. It is very difficult to learn via printed instructions, but it is even more difficult to find classes or experienced binders. Finding outlets for bookbinding supplies is also difficult. It sounded to me, Bradley, that you wrote a book and had it bound. For what it's worth, I think you wanted a book manufacturer rather than a bookbinder to get the professional results you were looking for.

Small Publishers Association of North America -...

unread topics | mark unread