The Kite Runner The Kite Runner discussion

Audio Verson of This Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Donald I recently listened to the audio version of this book and it is excellent. It is read by the author. I listen to many audio books when I commute and like to hear recordings of authors reading their books.

The barely accented English is easily understandable and his fluency in his native language gave me the impression of listening to a 'traditional' storyteller.

The audio version is abridged.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen This was my first audio book, and I thought it was excellent. Hosseini's voice gives the story added authority and sincerity. It's actually spoiled me a bit - I'm finding it hard to get as involved in other audio books.

Just a note - it is available in an unabridged version.

message 3: by Val (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val I listened to the unabridged version and I loved it. The reading is just right, setting the tone for an unforgettable story. My all time favorite audio book is Angela's Ashes. Frank McCourt reads it himself, sings the songs, makes you laugh, breaks your heart.

message 4: by Joan (new)

Joan I also listened to the unabridged version and thought the story was fascinating and the narration outstanding. I'd also recommend listening to A Thousand Splendid Suns(written and narrated by Hosseini). It was amazing to me that he was able to write so well from both a man and a woman's perspective.

Demet At the moment I am reading the audio book in unabridged version. Really it is excellent. This is my first audio book. I found it very interesting listening to a book from its author.
I recommend it to everyone.