2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Scent Keeper
This topic is about The Scent Keeper
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > The Scent Keeper

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1755 comments I plan to read this at mid-month for an IRL book club discussion... Just wanted you to know my schedule. :)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1755 comments I am halfway through. I just love Bauremeister's use of language! And this story...it is so very poignant!

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1755 comments Ooohhh...I finished! Loved it! And I want a sequel! I love Emmeline's spunk and determination. Anxious to hear others' thoughts!

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 57 comments I thought the concept of this story was fresh and new. I've often wished I could bottle smells of places I've been like a Redwood Forest or the ocean. I zoomed through this book as it was hard to put down.

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1755 comments I have read that our sense of smell is the most immediate means to remember something. It certainly is a compelling concept! My heart ached for (view spoiler) I really want to know what happened from now...

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1755 comments What did anyone think of Victoria?

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1755 comments At book club yesterday we discovered that the paperback version has a prologue that evidently was not included in the hardback edition. Anyone else encounter this? That prologue definitely provided some more information, I thought!

message 8: by Nicole (last edited Mar 01, 2020 12:24AM) (new) - added it

Nicole Woods (nicole_woods65) | 924 comments (I feel really bad, but my physical & mental health were not the best this month and I didn't feel motivated to read that much, unfortunately. :P I'm still gonna read this book once it comes off the library waitlist again, but I don't think the thread will still be open by then.
Sorry! I hope y'all had a good time reading!)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.